"Display Driver Stopped Responding and Has Recovered"

Hyper445

Solid State Member
Hey guys/girls,
when I am in a game, for example in Hearthstone or League of Legends, the game gets all laggy (mainly in Hearthstone) and I get a black screen when I Alt+Tab (mainly in League of Legends). When I get the black screen I get a notice saying: "Display Driver Stopped Responding and Has Recovered".
I've recently updated to Windows 10, after that I had some troubles with my mouse not properly working, I had to set my driver to the old one to fix that.
Yesterday I Recovered my whole System but that didn't seem to fix anything.
Can someone help me out with this one?

Someone told me to use driver booster, so I used that. I also checked with the "searching for updates" option and updated some features with that.

Someone told me to use driver booster, so I used that. I also checked with the "searching for updates" option and updated some features with that.

Noo, don't use any of those "driver downloader" programs. You should be going directly to the driver manufacturer's site for the latest drivers.

What GPU do you have (brand/model)?

What are your temps while you're gaming? You can check with HWMonitor.

Last edited:
Noo, don't use any of those "driver downloader" programs. You should be going directly to the driver manufacturer's site for the latest drivers.

As said above, never use that..

To find drivers, I always check the DEV/ VEN in device manager > properties > details > Property tab, Hardware Ids. Then use PCI database website PCI Vendor and Device Lists

If this doesnt work still, follow Carnages suggestions on checking GPU/ temps.

As said above, never use that..

To find drivers, I always check the DEV/ VEN in device manager > properties > details > Property tab, Hardware Ids. Then use PCI database website PCI Vendor and Device Lists

I only really suggest this step if necessary, like if Windows doesn't recognize the device at all and you don't have an easy way of looking at the manufacturer / model #. GPU drivers are easy, because the model # is usually right on the card :p.

I'm pretty much a noob when it comes to this.
I've attached the temps.

And the sticker on my laptop says I've got AMD RADEON Graphics.

Attachments

• CPUID1.jpg
    CPUID1.jpg
    101.9 KB · Views: 2
  • CPUID2.jpg
    CPUID2.jpg
    105 KB · Views: 2
So you don't have a dedicated GPU then, just the integrated graphics with the CPU? Did the games work fine at some previous time?

So you don't have a dedicated GPU then, just the integrated graphics with the CPU? Did the games work fine at some previous time?

Yes, the games worked just fine.

Maybe some backup information:
The game Hearthstone runned smoothly while the charger was plugged in and runs now how it did when the charger was not plugged in (even when the charger is plugged in now)
Hope you understand what I mean.

Back
Top Bottom