Want a new system

valakas

Baseband Member
So I want a new system I have come here in the past for help and always been good. Really im just tired of playing games on low settings and not having max fps. Would be great to have some suggestions for CPU, PSU, GPU, MB, Ram, SSD.
I have two monitors, keyboard mouse etc. Budget wise I was looking at spending 1000-1500 but is flexible. I plan on using my current rig for other things so I don't plan on dismantling it.

Overclocking Im not really interested in as I don't really know what im doing and last time all it did was crash while playing bf4 randomly.
Sli/crossfire last time I built a computer I planned on doing this as an upgrade but never did. So im neutral.

Thanks in advanced for any help!

Edit: I do run 2 monitors.

Last edited:
Awesome thanks!
So I was checking out newegg looks like they are out of the cpu except for in bundles.
Couple of bundles I was looking at:
Computer Parts, PC Components, Laptop Computers, LED LCD TV, Digital Cameras and more - Newegg.com
Computer Parts, PC Components, Laptop Computers, LED LCD TV, Digital Cameras and more - Newegg.com

There are a ton of them still sifting through but those stuck out to me.
Also ASRock for some reason I had the impression they didnt make quality stuff, and the reviews on that board were 50/50. There werent a ton of them so hard its hard to see if its just the turds not knowing whats going on.

For the ssd Whats your thoughts on the samsung pro vs evo? Was thinking of getting the 850 evo 500g.

Edit: Whats the difference between the i5 6600 and 6600k. From what I see its 3.3 vs 3.5 ghz and 65w vs 95w.
Edit2: Tried reping ya pp but says i have to spread some thanks around lol. You must have helped me last time I came here : )

Last edited:
^ AsRock used to be crappy boards, but they've been good for a little while now.

As for the 6600 vs 6600k...the "k" is the OC'able one.

Get the i5 from Amazon. I've noticed if one doesn't have one in stock then the other will.

Top tech tip from PP Mguire, never pay attention to Newegg reviews. You have to understand a simple concept. How many people are more obligated to bitch about their bad experience over their good experience? Now, how many of those people should have been a simple email straight to the manu? Let's take one good example out of the bunch (the FP Header issues could be a simple send straight back to Newegg for instant replacement).

Cons: Shipped with old bios. [on the extreme6, this rendered it useless when paired with the new skylake cpu]

Will not boot with XMP Profiles enabled

Fan control, Tuning utility and UEFI settings have all been changed and practically rendered useless.
The boards X.M.P. Profile will not support memory over 2133. [or the stock UEFI setting] Changing to the XMP profile changes more than just the memory timings and clock, apparently it messes with the bclock or other settings on the board. I cannot boot without freezing using G.Skill Trident Series DDR4 3000. [memory tested fine in memtest at rated speeds, simply will not boot all the way to windows without freezing]
First of all, ALL bios on Z170 boards support Skylake. Z170 is the only chipset for SKylake currently. There are NO other chips for that chipset, therefore it should have worked. Which we look at problem 2. XMP profiles aren't always going to work. DDR4 is new, meaning you might not always get what you want. "won't boot past 2133" That's because 2133 is DDR4 JDEC standard speed. What the issue here is, the board doesn't like the XMP profile from the RAM so needs to be manually tweaked. I have this very issue on my 600 dollar Asus WS board. It happens. Also, Skylake uses a clock strap like Haswell-E to achieve high DDR4 speeds. If the idiot did the slightest bit of research he would have known that and would have let the XMP do it's job. SO what I'm gathering is, the ignorant user set XMP setting, reduced bclk to 100, and boom won't boot.

-The (Not fixed) manual adjustment of Vcore can not be set as the mainboards from other manufacturers, the "offset mode" does not show as increases or decreases the value of the VCore.
-A-tuning software is very basic.
This guy clearly has no understanding of how offset works LOL.

Make sense? Sure hope so, cause I hate ranting about stupid pointless reviews.

Next up, ASRock has been under a different parent company since 2009 and has been making solid boards and a name for themselves since 2011. My first ASRock board was an AMD board that worked brilliantly, and my next was an ASRock X79 Extreme6. I highly recommend them, and IMO they give you more bang for your buck over Asus boards. This combined with the many many builds I've done for other people using ASRock boards. You're in pretty safe hands BUT if you want to go Asus, a lot of their boards are getting bad reviews too from idiots NOT being capable of working a new advanced system with NEW RAM.
ASUS Z170-A LGA 1151 Intel Z170 HDMI SATA 6Gb/s USB 3.1 USB 3.0 ATX Intel Motherboard - Newegg.com
ASUS Z170 PRO GAMING LGA 1151 Intel Z170 HDMI SATA 6Gb/s USB 3.1 USB 3.0 ATX Intel Motherboard - Newegg.com

If you require higher reviews, this Gigabyte is cheap and is decent.
GIGABYTE GA-Z170XP-SLI (rev. 1.0) LGA 1151 Intel Z170 HDMI SATA 6Gb/s USB 3.1 USB 3.0 ATX Intel Motherboard - Newegg.com

For the SSD, my thoughts are I recommend an 850 EVO in almost any build ;)
The Pro IMO is not worth it unless getting the 950Pro for obvious reasons.

Ya I get you on the reviews. I appreciate your insight! I feel alot better about the ASRock now.

So at this point the CPU is out most places I dont really see myself spending $50+ more to get it now. There are some sites out there but Im a skeptical kinda guy when it comes to buying **** online. Either I wait for it to come back in stock from amazon directly/newegg or I drop down to the i5 6600. If I go with option 2 am i gonna be a sad panda? Im sure it will kick my amd phenom II's ***.

New systems is up and running and everything seems to be smooth running. Just wanted to say thanks for the advice!

Back
Top Bottom