Using two pairs of 2x4gb. Will it work?

AIDA is decent, but I'd try Prime95 and use large RAM stress on it instead. Another way to easily find out if RAM is causing an issue is drop it down to 1600 and see if the machine crashes on you anymore. If it is RAM it doesn't necessarily mean the RAM is bad, just that the machine is unstable at 2400MHz speed.

AIDA is decent, but I'd try Prime95 and use large RAM stress on it instead. Another way to easily find out if RAM is causing an issue is drop it down to 1600 and see if the machine crashes on you anymore. If it is RAM it doesn't necessarily mean the RAM is bad, just that the machine is unstable at 2400MHz speed.

I have Prime95 installed.. I just heard it wasn't safe for CPU stress tests so I didn't bother using it.
Right now I have it at 1600mhz at 1.5V.. I'll see if it crashes over night while idling as thats when it crashes the most vs stress test..... If it doesnt then ill start the stress just before I go to work
I've also tried 2200mhz, 2133mhz, 2000mhz and 1866mhz and they all crash too.

I would thank you a million times for all the help you've given me in the past but It wont let me because i need to thank other people first.. :mad:

I haven't updated my bios at all either.. Do you think that might have something to do with it?

Not necessary to do such long stress testing, and no it doesn't harm the CPU unless your overclock overheats or overvolts the processor putting it under strain for long periods of time.

I'd try updating your bios and if it still crashes with it and 1600 (use 1.65v for each speed or XMP) then I'd look at RMAing the kit.

Not necessary to do such long stress testing, and no it doesn't harm the CPU unless your overclock overheats or overvolts the processor putting it under strain for long periods of time.

I'd try updating your bios and if it still crashes with it and 1600 (use 1.65v for each speed or XMP) then I'd look at RMAing the kit.

Just updated it from version 1.0 to 1.9 :eek:
Looked though the change log and it says a few times " Improved memory compatibility"
Also getting a much better score on cinebench.
I'll keep it at XMP 2400mhz 1.65V for now to see if it has fixed it.. if it crashes then ill lower it and work from there.

I'll let you know how it goes.

THANKS!

Back
Top Bottom