Toshiba Satellite C55-B5302 touchpad stopped working completely

how is it terrible, each have strong points, and I think it helps...
Because 2 active AV's can conflict with each other and make your system become unstable if they decide to fight with each other.

BTW : back there, in the lost comments of last month, I have already tried everything you said, I have deleted drivers, rebooted, updated drivers, rebooted again, I even tried using the not-completely-compatible ones just because I REALLY want it to work again...

AND I dual-booted my PC with Ubuntu 14.04 LTS, because "Why not??", and even in there, it doesn't work...
Then it's probably not a driver issue if it's doing it in Linux as well - possibly a hardware issue.

PS : I have AVG (an upgraded version), but Avast! is only the free version. which should I keep?? (sorry if i'm flying off the main topic a little)
Ditch AVG - they've become as bloated as McAfee and Norton these days. Ideally, keep Avast or switch to Avira. Either work well, and the free versions will be fine.

PPS: I don't wanna give up MBAM, as I feel it is a good backup...

Didn't say to remove MBAM - it's fine, as it usually won't conflict with an AV. Especially if you only have the free version, which doesn't have an active-scanner.

how is it terrible, each have strong points, and I think it helps...

BTW : back there, in the lost comments of last month, I have already tried everything you said, I have deleted drivers, rebooted, updated drivers, rebooted again, I even tried using the not-completely-compatible ones just because I REALLY want it to work again...

AND I dual-booted my PC with Ubuntu 14.04 LTS, because "Why not??", and even in there, it doesn't work...

PS : I have AVG (an upgraded version), but Avast! is only the free version. which should I keep?? (sorry if i'm flying off the main topic a little)

PPS: I don't wanna give up MBAM, as I feel it is a good backup...

I have a toshiba pc also and i have that same issue and I went into the mouse settings in the control panel, clicked the ELAN tab at the top, then click enable device. for some reason, it just disables the touchpad automatically and i don't know exactly why yet but maybe this will help you.

Anyone know what I should do? I still don't have a working touchpad... I would try almost anything... the 1-year warranty ran out in 12/?/15....

Anyone know what I should do? I still don't have a working touchpad... I would try almost anything... the 1-year warranty ran out in 12/?/15....

Should have warrantied it, since I said it was most likely a hardware issue back in November:

Then it's probably not a driver issue if it's doing it in Linux as well - possibly a hardware issue.

Ehh, my parents wouldn't wanna do it... And I have no way to fully back up all of my data, unless i bought like 50 flashdrives...

Well if it happens in both OS's, I'd still say it's a hardware issue...so now you'll have to try purchasing a new touchpad (most likely the entire top half of the shell / palmrest) and replace it yourself if it is indeed a hardware issue. Or at least disassemble it and make sure the connections are clean/secure.

As for backing stuff up... you can buy a single external HDD and not 50 flash drives ;).

well, I don't think it's a hardware issue, because the UEFI settings thing has a cursor on it. when i move my finger on the built-in touchpad, it moves... just trying to say that, in the UEFI settings, it works perfect, buttons and everything...
its called "toshiba setup utility" i think...

Go into Programs and Features in your control panel and remove any software associated with the touch pad, then go into the device manager and remove the touch pad devices from there. Reboot your pc and let windows install it's default driver and see if that will get you started

Back
Top Bottom