Toshiba Satellite C55-B5302 touchpad stopped working completely

You was going over how to remove and install a driver, thats fine but maybe make your own thread for this guide.. :cool:
His replies were in reply to my suggestion to the OP to uninstall the driver and then reinstall it.

Just updating != uninstalling / removing drivers from device manager and then reinstalling. Have you done that, or did you just install over the top without uninstalling first?

That being said, agreed with i2D - if you want to know more, then make your own thread so we don't clutter up OP's thread. Makes it harder OP to keep things straight and for others who happen upon the thread when searching to find the answer.

Hi OK! Over on Computerforum, we call this user friendly. LOL I suppose we are more relaxed there and we get off topic a lot and no one seems to mind. I will start my own thread if I have further questions. Thank you for replies. The OP seems to have left the building.
I hope it wasn't because of me. I did fix my Toshiba touch pad once, but don't remember the fix. I know they are known for having problems and their driver system really sucks IMHO. I have been acussed many times of being to friendly, to windy and getting off topic a lot. So this is no surprise to me to get this kind a reply !! Would be nice if the OP showed up and gave us a up date on their problem.LOL LOL
I'll not confuse the thread any further.
Gary!!

So, is this resolved? Also, OP, what antivirus software do you have running on the machine? Some antivirus software can cause problems with filters on the drivers in the registry, such as Kaspersky Antivirus.

So, is this resolved? Also, OP, what antivirus software do you have running on the machine? Some antivirus software can cause problems with filters on the drivers in the registry, such as Kaspersky Antivirus.

No, OP hasn't responded yet.

SORRY EVERYONE! I didn't notice the page buttons at the top (EPIC facepalm).
OK
still not resolved. have to continue using a USB mouse in place of non-functioning touchpad...

(replying to the one asking about the Toshiba updates ) No. didn't work. Already tried...

(replying to "midnightshadow") I have both AVG 2015, and Avast Free Antivirus running at the same time.. I also have MBAM installed as a backup...

But I don't think any are conflicting with it, as as soon as I get to the login screen, I can't do anything

Last edited:
(replying to "midnightshadow") I have both AVG 2015, and Avast Free Antivirus running at the same time.. I also have MBAM installed as a backup...

That's a terrible thing to do - uninstall AVG and only keep 1.

Some of your issues could be stemming from having 2 AV's at the same time.

how is it terrible, each have strong points, and I think it helps...

BTW : back there, in the lost comments of last month, I have already tried everything you said, I have deleted drivers, rebooted, updated drivers, rebooted again, I even tried using the not-completely-compatible ones just because I REALLY want it to work again...

AND I dual-booted my PC with Ubuntu 14.04 LTS, because "Why not??", and even in there, it doesn't work...

PS : I have AVG (an upgraded version), but Avast! is only the free version. which should I keep?? (sorry if i'm flying off the main topic a little)

PPS: I don't wanna give up MBAM, as I feel it is a good backup...

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom