USB ports no longer working

ePh_YeW_sEa_KaE

Beta member
I just finished my first ever PC build and I'm very excited to say is is nearly successful. The issue I just ran into prohibiting me from a complete success is after I installed my USB 3.0 drivers using my mobo's setup CD the normal USB ports no longer work while the PC is on. During initial start up, the items plugged in (mouse, keyboard and external DVD drive), receive power but when windows begins loading they stop entirely. Currently only my USB 3 ports are working which is what I'm using. To say I'm satisfied with that is improbable for I now have 8 slots that receive no power and are deemed useless.

Any help would be great!

Okay now that I've educated myself, the usb 2.0 (which I'm pretty sure are standard usb ports?) are the ones not receiving power once windows 7 loads. The ones I'm using are the USB 3.1 slots

Then try the USB 2.0 slots and see if it works.
Btw can u give us ur pc specs, it should help.

Okay now that I've educated myself, the usb 2.0 (which I'm pretty sure are standard usb ports?) are the ones not receiving power once windows 7 loads. The ones I'm using are the USB 3.1 slots
Have you installed your motherboard's chipset drivers?

Also, don't install drivers off of the CD - usually they're old/outdated. Go directly to their website and download the latest versions.

Then try the USB 2.0 slots and see if it works.
Btw can u give us ur pc specs, it should help.

He already said the standard ports aren't working mate.

Back
Top Bottom