HP Pavilion PC with new SSD

Getting a new PC will only give her things that she doesn't necessarily need. The only things that need to be replaced are the motherboard and processor.

So something like this combo would be cheap and effective.
MSI H81M-P33 LGA 1150 Intel H81 SATA 6Gb/s USB 3.0 Micro ATX Intel Motherboard - Newegg.com
Intel Celeron G1820 Haswell Dual-Core 2.7 GHz LGA 1150 54W BX80646G1820 Desktop Processor Intel HD Graphics - Newegg.com

Or she could go a little further and get a Pentium.
Intel Pentium G3220 Haswell Dual-Core 3.0 GHz LGA 1150 54W BX80646G3220 Desktop Processor Intel HD Graphics - Newegg.com

Ok, I will probably go that route and order the parts for her. I've built some custom computers before, but I'm assuming it's not that hard to install a motherboard in a HP desktop, right?

I had already ordered that MSI motherboard before I saw your message, so I will need to process an RMA and return it.. No big deal.

I don't have her PC with me right now, but planning to pick it up tonight so I can work on it. They have the HP motherboard picture here (HP Support document - HP Support Center) but I'm not sure if that's too small or not? Thanks for the help.

It is the power end. The cables are color coated such as red, yellow, black and etc and it has 9-holes for the pins.. I checked with the new mobo you recommended and it looks like it would fit.

The placement could all be wrong though as each board only sometimes conforms to the standard. You could try it, and if that doesn't work can plug them in individually yourself.

Back
Top Bottom