[Cyprus 29] Cooler Master HAF935 : New Build!

Alright guys! I can't believe how long its been since I updated my forums for this project. I was waiting and waiting to get time to edit a video but I just never was able to get to it, the build is far from dead and I am getting close to the final weeks until completion. If you have been following my work on social media you have seen this already. I have just been so buried in client work that 2 months ago many people know I left my job and started modding for clients full time, at first it was slow and I was very unorganized but now I have my schedule dialed in and the orders are picking up and things are going well! It was a tough choice but it was worth the pay cut now to be able to do what I love every day all day. Now I have time to work on my own builds and was also able to take on the responsibility of judging the MSI Pro Mod Season 3 which required a demo build from the judges. I still haven't had time to set aside for video editing, that is what I plan to work in to my routine next. For now I have a handful of pictures to share. I began the final assembly and final paint, I am working my way from the bottom up dialing in the final touches.

The Checklist to Completion looks like this:
{1} Top case front bezel reservoir mod - Like the one you will see in this update for the bottom case.
{2} Liquid channel panel top case floor panel with I/O - It will serve as a channel panel with the IO build in.
{3} Sleeve pump and SSDs with pass through holes through the bottom case midpanel.
{4} The panel mount wiring for MB, CPU, and GPU atx cables.
{5} Custom fan enclosures and painting.
{6} Route and sleeve all loose LED and Fan wires.
{7} Install the 1ft IO jumpers from MB and GPU to my own custom rear IO plate.
{8} Install Copper tubing and fill the loop.

There is not much left at all, about a total of 30 to 40 hours of labor I hope to finish by the end of this month.

Well lets move on to the update I have. I am only going with 15 pictures because some forums this build is on are limited with the pictures per post for some reason. You can find more photos on my Facebook page for Clockwerk Computer Modification. I will post up another update next week, and then, then a final update the following week, with final photos a few days after that!

Alright first thanks to my sponsors on this wild ride, their patience and their support is like none other, I was never once rushed or felt stressed, they have all been very supportive in my following my dream and never pressured me. Cheers to them. Without them this wouldn't of been possible!

g3VjGNi.png

I will start form the ground up!

First modding the Case Feet, I wanted to make them even bigger and beefier than they already were! So I added copper painted acrylic inserts! A trick I learned recently is decanning spray paint, you make an spout for your paint can and spray it in a jar or cup and then you can either thin it for the air brush or spray from a spray gun.

thPDquH.jpg

mCpcLVm.jpg

k8rLtpv.jpg

Working my way up the case I made the mounting cut out for the power supply as well as a custom 3d printed 90 to add to my custom power jumper that will feed to the custom IO rear plate to my custom power cable I made. Lots of custom lol.

hqe9Wnt.jpg

YzQxYOf.jpg

Here is the 90 adapter.

3pJE9r9.jpg

1uvjfj5.jpg

I am also building up the build with my new case cube model 3d printed with abs. It works just as well as the aluminum and I am using my build to show their capability. It will be available for sale at Overkill-PCs in the very near future!

3hkTLT3.jpg

WsXlIVd.jpg

Here is the custom power cable I made, held together with custom copper cable combs made from 1/8" plate copper.

ZQ2DiPU.jpg

And here is the bottom case basically complete, need to run wires for the pump and SSDs yet. I also made a new bezel design with a custom reservoir built in as well as running the copper bar theme like the sides and back of the case.

eeweleq.jpg

FVZouzL.jpg

93rX8sJ.jpg

fMA7p3R.jpg

Well in order to keep from complicating my other forum posts and double posting Im going to wrap this up here, I have time planned this week to get some major hours in on this build and push to wrap it up. I want to get the bottom case totally finished with wires and all, the front bezel on the top case, and the liquid channel panel, so the final update will be just wires and water tubing. The wire layout I have planned I haven't seen in a mod yet so I am really excited to show everyone!

Thanks for watching and stay tuned its almost there!!

Re: [Cyprus 29] Cooler Master HAF935

Hey Everybody! Its been a long time coming on this one! Sorry for the long gap in updates, the build went back burner to client projects, then to the MSI Pro Mod, then more client projects. Eventually I made a stand to push for a completed build for Quakecon 2016 a few weeks ago. I had a 36 hour modding marathon up until hopping in the car for our 17 hour drive, and after the grueling delirious hour of work, the build didn't power up. Not only that many things were rushed and corners were cut. I tried fixing it in my hotel room but to no avail. The trip was not in vein though, Heath Coop (Tek by Design) and I competed as a team in the 24hr live mod at Quakecon and won first place with our Doom themed build. That was an awesome experience and I will be returning next year with a working Cyprus29 and also to spend the 3 days gaming and relaxing this time lol.

I am almost done with the build now and have tons of photos to share with you all. Unfortunately Cyprus is on 15 or so forums, some only allowing 10 photos, so to make updating these forums a little more organized over the next couple weeks Im rolling out this update, plus 3 more, and then a final photos update to wrap this sucker up! To see the full photo sets from this update, and future updates, head over to my new website, Clockwerk Industries, where I will be hosting all my upcoming worklogs. Some forums do not like links to outside pages so you can just google it or check my social media accounts. I am also building a 1200mm by 900mm 100w Reci Co2 Laser next week and started a store on my website. The laser should also open the door to some sick stuff for my upcoming mods. I will also be doing a build log for the laser on my website, mod zoo, and CNCzone. Stay tuned for that one!

Alright now that we caught up a bit lets start the update 1 of my final 4.

Of course a huge huge thanks to the amazing and patient sponsors on this build!

kDrj4A1.png

So I I wanted to run the copper bar theme throughout the build so I brought it to the front. I first cut a base for the mid section and top bezels.

8qCyB7h.jpg

ph7dvfJ.jpg

uAuGrlD.jpg

After that I cut .25" acrylic stock into bars and chamfered the corners on the mill.

DLjCIxP.jpg

Next up is the copper paint!

vONZFd0.jpg

Finally I glued the bars on the bezels were finally finished!

lOpqMN7.jpg

5prG2re.jpg

vE4wi30.jpg

cMycXWA.jpg

The top bezel has a hole pattern for mounting the top bezel reservoir which I will show in one of the coming updates.

Thats all for this update! I wish I didnt have this build on so many forums I would have more photos in my posts. Well, until the next post, a huge thanks to everyone who has been following this build, I appreciate your support! See ya soon!

Hey Everybody! Its been a long time coming on this one! Sorry for the long gap in updates, the build went back burner to client projects, then to the MSI Pro Mod, then more client projects. Eventually I made a stand to push for a completed build for Quakecon 2016 a few weeks ago. I had a 36 hour modding marathon up until hopping in the car for our 17 hour drive, and after the grueling delirious hour of work, the build didn't power up. Not only that many things were rushed and corners were cut. I tried fixing it in my hotel room but to no avail. The trip was not in vein though, Heath Coop (Tek by Design) and I competed as a team in the 24hr live mod at Quakecon and won first place with our Doom themed build. That was an awesome experience and I will be returning next year with a working Cyprus29 and also to spend the 3 days gaming and relaxing this time lol.

I am almost done with the build now and have tons of photos to share with you all. Unfortunately Cyprus is on 15 or so forums, some only allowing 10 photos, so to make updating these forums a little more organized over the next couple weeks Im rolling out this update, plus 3 more, and then a final photos update to wrap this sucker up! To see the full photo sets from this update, and future updates, head over to my new website, Clockwerk Industries, where I will be hosting all my upcoming worklogs. Some forums do not like links to outside pages so you can just google it or check my social media accounts. I am also building a 1200mm by 900mm 100w Reci Co2 Laser next week and started a store on my website. The laser should also open the door to some sick stuff for my upcoming mods. I will also be doing a build log for the laser on my website, mod zoo, and CNCzone. Stay tuned for that one!

Alright now that we caught up a bit lets start the update 1 of my final 4.

Of course a huge huge thanks to the amazing and patient sponsors on this build!

kDrj4A1.png

So I I wanted to run the copper bar theme throughout the build so I brought it to the front. I first cut a base for the mid section and top bezels.

8qCyB7h.jpg

ph7dvfJ.jpg

uAuGrlD.jpg

After that I cut .25" acrylic stock into bars and chamfered the corners on the mill.

DLjCIxP.jpg

Next up is the copper paint!

vONZFd0.jpg

Finally I glued the bars on the bezels were finally finished!

lOpqMN7.jpg

5prG2re.jpg

vE4wi30.jpg

cMycXWA.jpg

The top bezel has a hole pattern for mounting the top bezel reservoir which I will show in one of the coming updates.

Thats all for this update! I wish I didnt have this build on so many forums I would have more photos in my posts. Well, until the next post, a huge thanks to everyone who has been following this build, I appreciate your support! See ya soon!

Hey guys I apologize for the delays, I just built a Co2 laser cutter and building it and calibrating it has taken a bit longer than I had expected. Its finally up and cutting now and I am starting to make products for my webstore. Once I have them all done Ill release the final photos of Cyprus 29 in conjunction with a 29% off sale on my site so stay tuned! Until then, here is final update 2 of 4. This update I have photos of the custom fan enclosures I made for my Cooler Master JetFlo fans.

First off thanks to my sponsors for their generous support and patience!

FFlfHwN.png

Here is a render I made in Autodesk Fusion 360, I still have a lot to learn when it comes to rendering, but that software is so awesome. You can model, mold, render, do toolpaths for CNC, direct export to 3d printers, and also, its free!

ePq25Xg.png

First I had to remove some metal on the front panel and then paint it.

MPFmKTe.jpg

1vI3tu1.jpg

Next up I cut the enclosures out on the cnc router. and glued up the frames.

H76J7i5.jpg

jbjNdLY.jpg

To guard the blades I needed to cut the acrylic bars to size and chamfer the corners on the mill.

Ilw8g0V.jpg

PqXTNr3.jpg

YrljkOs.jpg

Then I removed the fans with their motors from their original enclosures and hitthe blades and bars with the copper paint

ONWKDY4.jpg

NLm5ul9.jpg

Once the paint cured I glued everything up! Im happy with the result!

yxt1Q8T.jpg

RljE1vZ.jpg

P2uunJG.jpg

That's all for this update, next up I will show you guys my wire management layout using aviation connectors that panel mount on the motherboard tray! The final update will be the water cooling install. Then the last thing will be the final photos!! I will roll these updates out quicker over the next week. Thanks for those who have followed this build since the beginning!

Back
Top Bottom