P4 775 Overheating

Status
Not open for further replies.
well, thats the one that came with my processor, so thats what i used, but was looking for something else.

blind_arrow, i'm seriously considering, but there are just too many different versions to choose from, so i gotta do a little research.

so blind_arrow, you're saying to get the 7700alcu??

50 degree's with that processor is completely normal with stock cooling. high 60's while gaming=completely normal. these processors will run at 85degrees without any problems(regardless of what your mobo's temp. control/auto shutoff is set at).

bad news for me. i was on zalman's site. it seems this heatsink and fan is too big for my mobo. so give me another good recommendation please.

50-60 C is just fine for P4's, extra cooling is not necessary unless you plan to OC. If you had any idea of the conditions that the processors were tested under, you'd know there is nothing wrong with 50-60C.

If you're in the 40's and are searching for better cooling solutions, you have been taken in by marketing, and/or the impressions of people who know nothing about processors.

85*C, currently my cpu is running at 27.9*C on stock fan, its a northwood P4 2.60ghz overclocked to 3.0GHZ , and i got the thermaltake v1000a case, 7 fans on the case, and if my cpu gets to 40*C i dont like it. and i am gonna get the thermaltake tower 112 thats what u shoud get

well, the reason for my great concern is that where i live it can get really hot. especially when the summer days start to hit you. also, the cooler a processor is, its the longer life it will have.

the next reason, is how loud my fan is. when you're playing your games, you don't want to be hearing your fan.

well, the reason for my great concern is that where i live it can get really hot. especially when the summer days start to hit you. also, the cooler a processor is, its the longer life it will have.

Basically, according to Intel's website, the stock heatsink + fan will cool sufficiently given that your Case's internal temperature is <= 40C for a P4. If your computer is sitting in direct sunlight or if it's 40C in your house, you have serious problems. Plus, the longer life you speak of is something like the difference between 9 and 10 years. More than likely, you will be replacing the processor before it dies. If it dies young, you were probably OCing and didn't know what you're doing.

85*C, currently my cpu is running at 27.9*C on stock fan, its a northwood P4 2.60ghz overclocked to 3.0GHZ , and i got the thermaltake v1000a case, 7 fans on the case, and if my cpu gets to 40*C i dont like it. and i am gonna get the thermaltake tower 112 thats what u shoud get

FYI Comparing temps on OC'ed CPUs to non-OC'ed CPUs is worthless information. Non-OC'ed P4s can run fine at 50-60C, but for example, a P4 that is OC'ed too much can be unstable even if its temperature is 35C. Keep that in mind before you tell people who haven't OC'ed that they need to lower their temps below 40C. Just saying "You don't like it" sounds like you have no idea what you're talking about. Please show me concrete evidence, or even an online article, of a processor dying young because it went above 40C.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom