PC temperature problem

aceeder2

Solid State Member
Hey guys i just installed a new gpu (amd gigabyte r9 380 2gb windforce oc version), my processor is an amd fx 6300 unlocked and its not overclocked, my new gpu is running stupidly hot while running games, (these temps are from witcher 3) and i cleaned out my case not too long ago, any tips? Also, are my cpu temps okay? Also it is very loud, i can feel my case fans are working, but idk about my gpu fans
Screenshot by Lightshot
Screenshot by Lightshot

The CPU looks ok, but you're right, the gpu is too hot. Did you try getting rid of any dust in the gpu? Did you try repasting any thermal compound? Why won't you check if your gpu fans are working?

It's a new GPU so there won't be dust or TIM problems I'd assume.

OP what's your case and fan setup like? The GPU temp is warm, but I wouldn't say too hot. More than likely your case and fan setup isn't adequate enough to handle an AMD GPU.

It's a new GPU so there won't be dust or TIM problems I'd assume.

OP what's your case and fan setup like? The GPU temp is warm, but I wouldn't say too hot. More than likely your case and fan setup isn't adequate enough to handle an AMD GPU.

I only have one case fan, and its an exhaust at the back of my pc. From what it looks like (this is a prebuilt pc) i only have one other place i can put a fan and thats at the front. Problem is, no air can get through the front of my case, so i'll probably have to get a static pressure fan, do you think it will be good enough for an intake?

You didn't list your case though. Fans that specialize in pressure still require air flow to create said pressure. If your case has only one fan with no adequate intake (as in holes or otherwise) then that's definitely creating most if not all of your issue. AIB cards dump all that hot air into the case and if you can't get it out it'll heat soak the card and start getting warm.

You didn't list your case though. Fans that specialize in pressure still require air flow to create said pressure. If your case has only one fan with no adequate intake (as in holes or otherwise) then that's definitely creating most if not all of your issue. AIB cards dump all that hot air into the case and if you can't get it out it'll heat soak the card and start getting warm.

Asus model M51BC, its a prebuilt so i dont know the exact case name

Yea looks like you might have a couple of problems here. It seems they are depending on air flow to come through the little holes on the side panel rather than depending on an intake and exhaust setup. Also, if you didn't replace the PSU that came with it you'll need to asap.

Yea looks like you might have a couple of problems here. It seems they are depending on air flow to come through the little holes on the side panel rather than depending on an intake and exhaust setup. Also, if you didn't replace the PSU that came with it you'll need to asap.

Yea don't worry i got a new psu when i got my new gpu. So what should i do with the fans? I seem to be in a hard place

Back
Top Bottom