why only 137gb

Status
Not open for further replies.
heck, get the $92 version that needs to be purchased with hardware and buy a 99c battery with it :p

TheMajor said:
You cannot create NTFS partitions with FDISK.

NTFS is a file system. Fdisk is a partitioning utility. you can format volumes with NTFS that were created in fdisk using windows 2k/xp or the installation CDs.

I'm having a difficult time trying to figure out what you're saying theMajor, can you please clarify? If you're saying he can use diskpart to create his partitions than yes I would agree. what I was trying to make clear was that formatting and partitioning are 2 separate things.

What I cannot understand is why are you mixing NTFS with a partitioning utility? they are not related, you can't format a volume with NTFS using a partitioning program alone. and you can format a volume as NTFS on a partition no matter what partitioning program you used to create it.

So the only way i will be able to get the full 250gb is to get windows w/ sp1?

Or would i be able to place the hard drive in a different computer that has xp home w/ sp2, format it w/ two partions and then place it back in my computer and be able to use the whole thing?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom