System Upgrades

Shigu

Solid State Member
Evening folks,

Looking to make some additions to my system but I'm completely clueless! I'll put the parts I currently have below and hopefully someone could give me some insight into what to do with them. Thanks

Motherboard: MSI 970 GAMING (ms-7693) - Motherboard - The world leader in motherboard design
CPU: AMD FX-8320 8 Core 3.50Ghz - Item
Memory: 16GB G.SKILL RJX + 8GB Generic RAM (24GB Total)
GFX: MSI R9 270 GAMING 2GB - Graphics card - The world leader in display performance
Operation System: Windows 8.1 (Legit copy)

Just upgrading that system I would get a SSD for the operating system and depending on how much you game move up to a better video card, What brand and wattage power supply do you have out of curiosity, if your running the R9 270 you should have ample power, AMD video cards are known to be a tad power hungry.

Just upgrading that system I would get a SSD for the operating system and depending on how much you game move up to a better video card, What brand and wattage power supply do you have out of curiosity, if your running the R9 270 you should have ample power, AMD video cards are known to be a tad power hungry.

Oh forgot to mention my SSD, have a 120GB one, not using it for my OS atm though, install FPS games to it. And for the Power Supply, I'm not sure will take the case off tomorrow morning and check, but I know its a generic Novatech one.

Thanks

Well that'll probably be best to use on a new GPU, although you have it all backwards with your storage setup. OS needs to be on SSD.

Ahh right, I've been told mixed things regarding the SSD thing, is my current CPU alright in terms of matching my RAM in power etc?

Thanks

There shouldn't be mixed things at all involving the SSD. You get the best performance increase from putting your OS on an SSD.

Your CPU is fine for now.

Sorry for the late reply, I have a Novatech 750W 80+Bronze.

Was thinking about getting MSI R9 380 AMD 4GB £178.98 inc. vat. Then noticed that 8GB MSI R9 390 AMD was only £90 more, but not sure if it seems a little overkill for what I play. Or any GPU suggestion would be great, thanks!

There shouldn't be mixed things at all involving the SSD. You get the best performance increase from putting your OS on an SSD.

Your CPU is fine for now.

Ahhaha alright cheers, will reformat soon in that case! Thanks for the tip

Back
Top Bottom