Dead pixels,graphic card or monitor?

LiquidBot

Beta member
Hello ! I am new to this forum so please don't mind if I forget to write something.

So,to begin.Recently I have started to have problems with my monitor.A lot of dead pixels in different colors (ussualy light green,pink,white and black) started to appear on my screen.But they dont appear when I turn on my computer.Actually,they appear about one hour after using computer.Then I restart my computer and everything is fine.I have screenshoted my screen,it looks like this: View image: Screenshot 1

Please help me,thanks :) :confused:

Well I have this PC since 2012,my graphic card is Nvidia Quadro fx1700 and last update was 2009.I tried to update it and window jumped out saying that graphic driver is up to date

Well I have this PC since 2012,my graphic card is Nvidia Quadro fx1700 and last update was 2009.I tried to update it and window jumped out saying that graphic driver is up to date

You need to go to nVidia's website to check for a new driver, not through WIndows Update / Device Manger's 'update'.

Might be getting overheated. Pop open the side panel and see if it needs to be cleaned.
Check all fans to make sure they are running.

Man I could not for the life of me remember the term for that behavior. It's called artifacts. I had that problem with older cards in P4 systems that used passive cooling. 80mm case fans just don't get it in larger cases with high heat loads. :p

I had a Hanns G monitor that did that identical thing, it lasted for about 6 more months before it died, I thought it was the graphics too, Unless you try another monitor or use that monitor on a different pc, it's hard to determine if it's the card, drivers or monitor

Ok,so this is how things are going.

I cleared my pc,downloaded the update.Now everything is fine,thank you all for help!

If pixels get back,will contact you again ! Thanks :D

Back
Top Bottom