WiFi repeater

craigfoot78

Solid State Member
Hi

I'm having problems with a maginon WLAN Repeater WLR-510 that I bought from aldi. . Now I know this probably isn't the best as it's a cheap aldi product, but I still believe a product should work no matter what the cost.

The basic problem is I set it up, it appears to work, and then after a period of time (hours, minutes or days) it is still visible as a WiFi network to connect to, but it appears to lose the ability to issues ip address's and no longer works until I reset in and go through the setup again.

Any experience of these units and jigs kind of problem?

I am also unable to access the device, even when working to check the settings as I do not know which ip address it takes up and it does not seem to show as an attached device in my router.

Any help would be appreciated

Thanks

Craig

Sent from my D5803 using Tapatalk

The repeater would have a default static IP, labelled on the back..

Disable your wireless on your PC, then connect the repeater to your PC with a Ethernet cable, you may need to change your static IP on your PC to connect to the repeater if its on a different subnet, then you can change the repeaters IPs to say 192.168.0.2 or 1.2 depending on main routers IP.

I think your issue is you have DHCP enabled on the repeater, this should be disabled so that all devices pick up there IPs from the main router. Otherwise you may get conflicts.

Hi

Thanks for the reply.

The repeater defaults to 192.168.10.1 but once set up this is no longer the ip

Once I'm connected via the ethernet cable how would I change the ip of the repeater?

The dhcp bit makes sense, but I can't access the settings page as I don't know how to connect to it once it's set up. .

I'll have another play

Hi

Thanks for the reply.

The repeater defaults to 192.168.10.1 but once set up this is no longer the ip

Once I'm connected via the ethernet cable how would I change the ip of the repeater?

The dhcp bit makes sense, but I can't access the settings page as I don't know how to connect to it once it's set up. .

I'll have another play

Once plugged in, change your computer IP to a static one, say 192.168.10.2

Then. open a web browser and type in the repeater IP, 192.168.10.1 - you will then get access, it may have a PW but that should also be on the back.

Once in, disable DHCP, and config the settings so its a repeater, the SSID should be a different name, but keep the security the same, then change the repeater IP to 192.168.1.2 or 0.2 depending on your routers IP, then on your computer set your IP back to dynamic.

You should then be able to connect to the repeater.

let me know how it goes :cool:

Last edited:
Yeah I did come across that post . . But when I do as it suggests the default gateway address is 192.168.0.1 which is my router not the extender.

Yeah I did come across that post . . But when I do as it suggests the default gateway address is 192.168.0.1 which is my router not the extender.

Ignore his post (sorry), its making this confusing.. did you follow my steps above? :cool:

No I'm gonna have a go later. . I'll let you know how I get on.

There are no options in my repeater to set the ip address or disable dhcp :-(

Ah. . I've found some settings.

So here's what I've done.

Reset the repeater
Disable WiFi on my computer
Plug into the repeater via ethernet
Set the computer ip to 192.168.10.2
Logged onto the repeater at 192.168.10.1
In the lan settings I had 3 options for dhcp, server client or disabled. I disabled it.
In the same section set the ip to 192.168.0.20
Saved the settings and at this point I lost connection to the repeater.
Changed computer ip to 192.168.0.2
Logged back onto the repeater using 192.168.0.20
Ran the repeater setup wizard which connected to my router and asked for the password which I entered.
The ssid was set to WiFi-repeater so I left this alone
I now had Internet access on my computer via the repeater still plugged in via ethernet
Logged off repeater and unplugged ethernet.
Connected back via WiFi to my router
Logged onto repeater using 192.168.0.20
Able to connect and view settings! :)
Switched my computer from being connected to the router to connecting via the repeater, had Internet access! :)
Again able to log on to the repeater. .

All sounds good so far! Now just to see how it goes and if it carries on working or drops out again. .

Thanks for your help! :)

Back
Top Bottom