Best Freeware Sites?

Status
Not open for further replies.

tavilach

In Runtime
Alright, I used to think Download.com was the best, safest freeware site (just by searching under freeware). Haha, then someone told me that people have to pay to get their software listed there...

I always thought that software not listed on Download.com was bad software. I was wrong...I mean, most authors of freeware programs don't want to pay money to have their programs listed...it's just stupid.

So, what are some good freeware sites? I'm looking for good, reliable, and virus-free freeware.

So far I know of Tucows, but Tucows has a strange interface. Are there any others?

Everything! Hehe, I just like downloading things. I don't know why. Freeware is just such fun!

I can list some categories...

Internet Stuff, System Utilities, AIM crap, Miniature but Fun Games...haha basically anything!

I would be obsessed with downloading expensive software using P2P, but my conscience doesn't let me pirate...sucks, doesn't it?

Roho, do those sites virus check their software?

I'm very worried about virus-laden downloads.

Keep the sites coming, guys!

Hi

As far as I know they do (or they wouldn't make any money) but you should be scanning all downloads anyway before installing as a matter of course (it only takes seconds).

Also before downloading anything I presume you do a Google to check there is no reported probs with the software, if you don't you only have yourself to blame if it crashes your sys.

hth.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom