Monitor Upgrade.

TheHumanComputer

Daemon Poster
So in the next month or so, i'm going to be looking at buying 3 new monitors to have a triple setup.

I'm looking for 3 monitors around the 22-24" range, hopefully widescreen also.

What would you guys suggest? Possibly £100 or less per 1.

Any advice would be great. :)

*EDIT* Just noticed i posted this is the wrong section. Please can someone move it for me. :) Sorry!

Last edited:
If you're wanting to game in Surround (using all 3 monitors at once) you'll need a better graphics setup. When I get to work I'll hit the UK shops and see what I can find for you. So give me an hour or so.

If you're wanting to game in Surround (using all 3 monitors at once) you'll need a better graphics setup. When I get to work I'll hit the UK shops and see what I can find for you. So give me an hour or so.

Alright, thanks. I'll most probably just play games on the middle screen, and use the other 2 for other programs etc. But gaming on the 3 monitors, would probably happen also.

*EDIT*. I asked you about fans in an old thread of mine if you remember. i really want to change the loud fans on the h100i gtx. you mentioned the corsair AP fans, would the sp120's not be better? or is that what i am already running? :-s

Last edited:
Gaming in Surround with a single card is almost impossible unless you're willing to sacrifice settings. Otherwise you'll need a second card.

The fans that come with the H100i are basically just stock Corsair fans but a performance version. I suggest using Corsair Link and putting those on Quiet Mode. I've been using the Noctua iPPC 2000s to replace the junk Phanteks fans in the case and they are doing great. I suggest getting at least 2 of those and putting them as exhaust and intake. If that plus putting the H100i in quiet mode doesn't work then think about replacing those fans.

Gaming in Surround with a single card is almost impossible unless you're willing to sacrifice settings. Otherwise you'll need a second card.

The fans that come with the H100i are basically just stock Corsair fans but a performance version. I suggest using Corsair Link and putting those on Quiet Mode. I've been using the Noctua iPPC 2000s to replace the junk Phanteks fans in the case and they are doing great. I suggest getting at least 2 of those and putting them as exhaust and intake. If that plus putting the H100i in quiet mode doesn't work then think about replacing those fans.

Yeah, it's in quiet mode now. I do have a corsair SP 140 L.E.D fan coming to replace the back fan. I shall take a look at the Noctua iPPC 2000. Thanks.

So a single GTX 970 wouldn't run 3 monitors for gaming? :O What a waste of £280. :-s

That Corsair SP won't push as much air as an AF-14. With a stock CPU I'm not sure how your stuff could get loud. I have mine in quiet mode at 4.4GHz and 2 extra cores but the fans almost never ramp up during game play. More than likely those stock fans aren't pushing any flow through your case.

Of course it won't. That's like expecting a single 970 to push a 4k screen. It's really high resolution.

Back
Top Bottom