annoying redirect pages

raverx3m

Daemon Poster
is there a way to change how redirect pages behave?

I noticed few years ago that when I click on a document and it opens in the browser I cant click back twice to go back to google search anymore.
it loops in the redirect page and no matter how many times of how fast I click back mouse button it keeps looping back to that stupid document page

and I have to click the back button and select the google search results manually every time.

I know its not the end of the world problem but its annoying as faq. especially when I'm working on a homework or research for school where I have to go through many documents to find something it gets really annoying.

I don't even know if theres an option for this in settings or anyting..

oh and also some pages even hijack the whole history and delete all previous pages so theres nothing to go back to.
is there a way to prevent that?

BESIDES SWITCHING TO FIREFOX OR CHROME...

ps. I don't know if it happends on crome and firefox because I use them once every 6 months. mostly use IE. personal preference mmkay??

is there a way to change how redirect pages behave?
No. Redirects are done by the site you're visiting or by malicious software (typically).

I noticed few years ago that when I click on a document and it opens in the browser I cant click back twice to go back to google search anymore.
it loops in the redirect page and no matter how many times of how fast I click back mouse button it keeps looping back to that stupid document page
Right-click the link, choose to open it in a new tab instead. This way, when you're done, you close the tab and your search results are right there on the previous tab.

oh and also some pages even hijack the whole history and delete all previous pages so theres nothing to go back to.
is there a way to prevent that?
If you're being hijacked, that sounds like malware. If you're on a shady web site, stop going there. Even some legit sites can be compromised, however.

BESIDES SWITCHING TO FIREFOX OR CHROME...

ps. I don't know if it happends on crome and firefox because I use them once every 6 months. mostly use IE. personal preference mmkay??
You can use whatever browser you like. However, stop asking for help if you're not willing to use something besides IE to test with. It's impossible to tell if it's the browser that is causing the issue or the site if you won't use another browser to test with.

and I have to click the back button and select the google search results manually every time.
Click and hold the back button, and it will bring up a dropdown menu of the sites available in your back button. Then you should be able to go back to the page before the redirect page.

Right-click the link, choose to open it in a new tab instead. This way, when you're done, you close the tab and your search results are right there on the previous tab.
You can also middle-mouse click on a normal mouse and it'll open the link in a new tab :).

You can use whatever browser you like. However, stop asking for help if you're not willing to use something besides IE to test with. It's impossible to tell if it's the browser that is causing the issue or the site if you won't use another browser to test with.

+1 Test in another browser to see if the same behavior is there. It's a bit tiresome when we have to have the same conversation over and over and over again.

I donno if it happends in firefox because I use IE 99% of the time and don't have all of them open simultaneously loading same pages jst to test.

I don't think it happends in firefox. but this is the redirect page that is always preceeding the pdf file that opens in browser
http://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=...v2.pdf&usg=AFQjCNF5aL_aay8MQTRgkPPu9fezeORhiw
I don't know if its same page that opens for other non document pages but its almost always google.

if I open a pdf from a webpage link directly it doesn't have a redirect most of the time
usually its google search results that have a redirect after it that wont let me go back to search results.

Back
Top Bottom