AMD Question.

Status
Not open for further replies.
NO it wont, 750Mhz AMD has different pin structure and 300Mhz has diferent.

as AMD timeline was as follows, this i'm writing for knowledge base as well)

1: 75Mhz - 300Mhz were on Socket 5 - 320pins --> this is yours

2: 233 - 500Mhz = Socket 7 = 321 pins

3: 500 - 1000MHz - Slot A

4: 600Mhz to AthlonXP 3200+ = Socet A = 462 pins

now you are missing just 142 holes in Processor holder on motherboard.

i'll suggest, get hold of a needle (common pin will as well work) and adjust it in front of drill machine, and drill these 142 holes to accomodate that 750Mhz Socket A (462) pins Processor.

* and bear in mind, a PIN more or a PIN less than specified, your CPU might fail to work. - HAHAHAHAHAHA

+++ all above is joke for drilling , dont take it seriously ++

Blind_Arrow said:
NO it wont, 750Mhz AMD has different pin structure and 300Mhz has diferent.

as AMD timeline was as follows, this i'm writing for knowledge base as well)

1: 75Mhz - 300Mhz were on Socket 5 - 320pins --> this is yours

2: 233 - 500Mhz = Socket 7 = 321 pins

3: 500 - 1000MHz - Slot A

4: 600Mhz to AthlonXP 3200+ = Socet A = 462 pins

now you are missing just 142 holes in Processor holder on motherboard.

i'll suggest, get hold of a needle (common pin will as well work) and adjust it in front of drill machine, and drill these 142 holes to accomodate that 750Mhz Socket A (462) pins Processor.

* and bear in mind, a PIN more or a PIN less than specified, your CPU might fail to work. - HAHAHAHAHAHA

+++ all above is joke for drilling , dont take it seriously ++

Oh :( that's kind of a disapointment but o well...It was worth a try, guess the laptop will always be slow and sucky.

Got pretty much no use for the 750, ill probally just crack it open..

dont dispose it. give to somebody who doesnt have money to buy a machine, at least this will run win95 and few word documents and connect to internet easily.

i'm in habbit of giving away stuff for free as if i find someone needy, and its often, as pc component velicity is high with me.

Blind_Arrow said:
dont dispose it. give to somebody who doesnt have money to buy a machine, at least this will run win95 and few word documents and connect to internet easily.

i'm in habbit of giving away stuff for free as if i find someone needy, and its often, as pc component velicity is high with me.

I wouldent give it away, No one ever gives me nothing.

so you'd rather destroy it then sell it for $20 to some one on this forum like TheMajor or someone with broken/crappy or no pc at all? :freak:

well themajor lives in the netherlands so unless you're in europe it aint worth it to ship it there :p I've already offered him a 566MHz Celeron and motherboard :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom