TheMajorMMX died?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have a 450W psu, and an old 12gb hd from my Compaq 500mhz that I trashed a while back, but I may use the psu. Do you only need a mobo and cpu?.

100 x 10 GB HDDs-- he wants 100 hard drives?

Hmmm......wonder if I can build a seperate tower next to my computer tower which is filled with hard drives....Having the wires going from one case to the other would be a pain in the ass though =/ But you could have 2 on IDE1, 2 on each SATA port and if you have something like the MSI neo2-platinum then you could have 4..ehh dont think it'd be worth it to do anything like that though. Would be better off using a spare mobo if you have one and just making it into a server computer on home network

You know what's really amazing? His computer that is quite old.. that shouldn't even be with us anymore, is starting to give out and everyone wants to help. I ask for a simple donation for a AC3 which is like 15 bucks, and no one even cares enough to reply to it with "eat dog poo and get your own money" everyone who has replied to this thread with sympathy sickens me!

And of course I'm just kidding =) honestly if I had the money for it, i'd be more than happy to help you out major, but i'm so broke it's not even funny, litterally, my dad's an idiot who spends all his money on his newfound lovelife. He said he was going to fix my car only 8 months ago. I've had 3 jobs without a car and have been fired from them all for not getting there on time (as I had to wait for my dad to take me to work, now he's never even home, always hours from home with his new girlfriend, so I can't really even handle a job)

So.. now ya'll know a little bit of my life and why 2004 really has been a shity year. I have 2 parents who are absolutely.. insane! Anyways.. I still go out and fix computers every now and then, but it's not enough to get me anywhere.

w00t! who feels better? demalii does!

Thanks Demalii.

My computer runs. 250MHz. But it keeps freezing and I am sure its my BIOS settings. A few years back my PC kept freezing also. I send my PC to my uncle and he optimized my BIOS settings.

I set my BIOS to default yesterday so I could install XP.

It worked... but it kept freezing, so I changed some settings and it stopped freezing.

But a few minutes later it kept rebooting immediately when loading from the HD, before the XP loading bar.

So I set it back to default... it runs rightnow, let's hope it won't crash again.

Thanks again for the part. I will see if I can "build" a comp with your parts and I will contact you.

damn
i am lost..

i got thousands of different bluescreen.. errors, etc

I just formatted all disks and while XP setup wass copying files to the installation folders it just rebooted.. trying again now. :(

Hey man I use to have the same problem where it says detecting and then the screen just goes black. What did I do? I just had to wait it out. Leave it at that blank screen and don't turn off the computer and after a while.... if like mine a long long while.... that wonderful blue screen should pop up and the re formating should begin!

weird... maybe I should have waited longer... but it doesn't go black anymore cause I set my BIOS to default... this sucks

BTW, it looks like it reboots when copying driver.cab

i think its your hd AND your xp cd. I have the same prob now too. It freezes when ever it tries to copy update.sys kinda a bummer knowing that im going through the same prob, but at least its not as bad as urs. Im really sorry dude, if you need my parts or Nvidias parts tell me ok? just find a way to score at least 256 DDR and you have pretty much a new setup.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom