hi dudes!

It is strange that it has been such a good supportive machine. I've had 3 laptops in my life. The Toshiba with Vista for 300.00 was the best.

Wow.... I must of missed something with Vista... lol..

I was talking to Carnage about this and he's I believe an advocate of Vista under the rite hardware. As in you don't skimp back and have SP1 Installed. I was of the same opinion but I can see his point especially when hardware manufactures were using bare bones and minimal hardware. :cool:

No doubt, manufacturer's building units with 1GB of RAM to run Vista and using horrible processors didn't help, but Vista was a sluggish beast even with decent hardware. I've seen a handful of units that ran it really well, but those are rare. In addition, it got a bad reputation because of all of the folks installing old printer software and causing BSODs. On that note:

1) Microsoft should not have allowed the installation since it could clearly tell that the software wasn't compatible.
2) End users shouldn't have proceeded with the install when it JUST told you that it wasn't compatible.

It's a 50/50 fault there, but it could have been done better overall, I think. I truly believe that Microsoft was in too big of a rush to release the new OS.

Back
Top Bottom