Just came across this netbook, am I missing something?

Doesn't have huge HDD storage but I'm sure it should be enough for what ever your doing. It would probably be better with additional external storage anyway if I presume you're using it for work.

Doesn't have huge HDD storage but I'm sure it should be enough for what ever your doing. It would probably be better with additional external storage anyway if I presume you're using it for work.

yeah storage is fine, im swapping with a SSD. I use a netbook for mobile use but a new OSs GUI is to much for my EEE PC 1000H now. so need to upgrade.

Any advise on weather its worth £170 - £190 would be good? or can someone show me something simliar, im looking for no bigger than 13" :cool:

For mobile use it won't get good battery life at all. Converted that's like 300 something bucks USD, I personally would not pay that much for that laptop. This thing will also get pretty warm.

For mobile use it won't get good battery life at all. Converted that's like 300 something bucks USD, I personally would not pay that much for that laptop. This thing will also get pretty warm.

I read this review and it says it shouldnt get warm Review HP EliteBook 2540p Subnotebook - NotebookCheck.net Reviews

Also, when I mean remote use, I mean whilst at another building, not just for my own home so I can still charge in my car or at the other buildings I go to.

As long as it lasts around 4 hours off charge then thats fine.. my EEE 1000H lasted about 6 hours in use! but I know this wont do that..

Could you recommend something better then? needs to be in the 12" range as I want it to be small enough to use in my car or in places that dont have much room.. my 1000H is 10" and its good but prefer a little bigger for resolution.

Last edited:
You have to take into account temps under load. Their test shows that measuring temps on the surface is one thing but under load it hits 82c which is hot. My laptop just browsing the net can warm my bathroom up easily and that isn't even under load (it's an i7 740QM). I also wouldn't expect the 4 hours out of it since it's refurbished. Maybe new, but times have changed for internet browsing and such. Typical usage is a bit more demanding of hardware and causes a bit more load on these older CPUs.

I can't really recommend anything in the price range because I don't know the Euro market as much as I do the American market. I can only tell you what I know of the hardware for the product in question. It may do fine or it may not as I don't know your full usage scenario.

yeah storage is fine, im swapping with a SSD. I use a netbook for mobile use but a new OSs GUI is to much for my EEE PC 1000H now. so need to upgrade.

Any advise on weather its worth £170 - £190 would be good? or can someone show me something simliar, im looking for no bigger than 13" :cool:

It uses a micro drive. That's 1.8 inches. I don't think there's an SSD in that form factor.

Back
Top Bottom