CCW Spinning 60mm Fan

Status
Not open for further replies.

lazerman

Fully Optimized
CW Spinning 80mm Fan

I want to do what Nubius didby using a 60mm ccw spinning fan underneath the cw spinning 80mm tornado fan, that both blow are the same way. My dilemma is where do I get a CCW Spinning 60mm fan?

BTW this is for cpu cooling.

Well the only reason I cam across it was because it was from a stock 2400+ XP heatsink I believe and it just happened to spin CCW luckily so I could put the fans together and get better results.

Looks like this one spins CCW though:

http://www.svc.com/del60383pin.html

EDIT: I just now noticed but this one specifically tells you the rotation is CCW, doesn't say it on the other one, but you're looking straight at the fan so it's gotta be CCW

http://www.svc.com/ys406034pin.html

I just had my computer apart and it seems my Tornado fan spins CW? Why would they change it? So I guess I need a CW spinning 60mm fan... Are you sure yours spins CW?

cw=clockwise
ccw= counter clock wise...

they want to put 2 fans stacked to get better airflow.

If you have 2 fans that spin opposite directions, but blow air the same way (downwards in this case), it will create a compression effect which will give you alot more cfm and will cool your cpu better... It stuff that I have remembered from some of Nubius's previous posts about his computer.

so, if i take a 60mm CW and 60mm CCW and put em together will i get a real increase in performance? have you seen major decrease in temps? ive thought about stacking 2 of those massive 12cm fans as my blowhole... but one on inside and one on the outside of the case... :D 138CFM/48DB a piece... gonna sound like a vacuum but it should be worth it.

Leonidas said:
so, if i take a 60mm CW and 60mm CCW and put em together will i get a real increase in performance? have you seen major decrease in temps? ive thought about stacking 2 of those massive 12cm fans as my blowhole... but one on inside and one on the outside of the case... :D 138CFM/48DB a piece... gonna sound like a vacuum but it should be worth it.

I have the Vantec Tornado as my hsf by itself right now, and it already sounds like a hair dryer on low and drives my mother crazy... I can't imagine something like that on the outside of the computer, whereas with mine, it is deep in the center of the case.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom