AMD Processor vs Intel Processor

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've read a ton of these AMD vs. Intel threads. Somehow I've reached my conclusion though.

It's generally accepted that: AMD is better in games, and Intel is better in transcoding, recoding, decoding, apps, etc.

Well ya know, whether my computer takes 20 or 30 minutes to render a video file, I'm not going to sit in front of it the whole time. However, I will sit in front of it the whole time I'm gaming. You will actually SEE the performance strong points in AMD. Whereas with Intel, what are you going to be doing while that file prepares? Out at a movie? A party? Banging the GF?

If I were to get a new desktop PC today, I'd get an AMD.

grego said:
I've read a ton of these AMD vs. Intel threads. Somehow I've reached my conclusion though.

It's generally accepted that: AMD is better in games, and Intel is better in transcoding, recoding, decoding, apps, etc.

Well ya know, whether my computer takes 20 or 30 minutes to render a video file, I'm not going to sit in front of it the whole time. However, I will sit in front of it the whole time I'm gaming. You will actually SEE the performance strong points in AMD. Whereas with Intel, what are you going to be doing while that file prepares? Out at a movie? A party? Banging the GF?

If I were to get a new desktop PC today, I'd get an AMD.

not everyone uses there computer for gaming though...i know i don't. if you were actually working (as in real work) than i'd go with the Intel...i watch my super_pi benching, and alot of other things that aren't game realted load and all that crap. it's only a matter of seconds most of the time, i can be that patient.

4W4K3 said:
not everyone uses there computer for gaming though...i know i don't. if you were actually working (as in real work) than i'd go with the Intel...i watch my super_pi benching, and alot of other things that aren't game realted load and all that crap. it's only a matter of seconds most of the time, i can be that patient.

I'd agree. If you use your PC mainly for work, I'd go Intel. That's if its HONESTLY for work, where efficiency = money, praise, etc. Not like, "yea once in a while I use it for work stuff." I just think for a lot of power-users (like most of us on this forum), yet not necessarily work users, AMD will produce the more noticable results.

persianxballer said:
If a P4 system has a PCI Express video card, will it be better for gaming than an AMD with an AGP card?

Um. That's a really odd question, there are so many variables.

But as of 12/12/2004, your basic answer is no. AGP=PCI Express as far as performance right now, so it can't really make a p4 machine faster at gaming than an amd.

P.P. Mguire said:
yea cause nothing utilizes the 16x pci express yet so its basically the same except ur wasting more money.

Actually it's more like you're investing your money.

But anyway, let's not let this get too far off topic....

SLI is the way to go for maximum performance IMO. Any card you get (that supports SLI) will be outdone by same card in an SLI setup:) of course there not out yet i believe....so start saving:)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom