Soltek Board, 1 long, 2 short beeps

Status
Not open for further replies.

Conditional Zen

Beta member
I recently purchased some computer parts and put them together, however when I try and turn on the computer, I get 1 long beep followed by 2 short beeps. The monitor remains completely blank during this process. I can turn off the computer with a momentary push of the power button, ie. I don't need to hold it in for 5 seconds..

I have a Soltek SL-75FRN-L motherboard, a Sempron 2400+, 2 x 512MB DDR400 RAM, and a Legend GeForce FX5200 128MB Graphics Card (I also have a Hard Drive, FDD, DVD Drive, etc., but that should have nothing to do with the beeps, should it?).

I have used the graphics card in another computer where it works. If I remove both RAM sticks, I get a long beep every couple of seconds. All the fans in the computer seem to work.

What, if anything, am I likely to have done wrong, or what part is likely faulty?

well if it's an award BIOS then your video card needs to be reseated. Here's a link for a list of the codes:

http://www.bioscentral.com/beepcodes/awardbeep.htm

EDIT: Btw, the fact that it gave you a different beep code when you pulled out the RAM is a good sign, that means it's notifying you you're missing the RAM, whereas when you put the RAM in, it's giving you a different error. Just pull out your video card and reseat it. I've had the same problem happen a few times before and a reseating generally fixes it. Just make sure it goes into the slot good and whatnot

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom