Cable not connected..

Spud1200

Fully Optimized
I'm getting an Error message on my monitor screen thats saying cable not connected. The Cable is fully connected and when I try to power down the system the system reboots and gives not acutall VGA out put. I've had to disconnect the 3 Pin Power lead from the back of the tower.

I've got Linux mint on it at the moment and the OS was going in to panic mode and shutting down completely and rebooting the computer.

Best part was the entire thing was working fine yesterday and I had no trouble with it.

Any thoughts anyone what could be the problem. The system is a Dell Optiplex 2012 Core 2 Duo.

I'm actually pretty P*d clean off with it. :confused:

Had the same thing happen on my newer really expensive monitor, First thing I did was try a new cable for the monitor and that fixed the issue, you'd be amazed how many cables go bad out of the blue. I've had a few systems come to me that won't power on and think it was the power supply, I plug them in and they power right up. I send it back with a new power cable and all is good. Try a different cable and see if it fixes the issue.

Had the same thing happen on my newer really expensive monitor, First thing I did was try a new cable for the monitor and that fixed the issue, you'd be amazed how many cables go bad out of the blue. I've had a few systems come to me that won't power on and think it was the power supply, I plug them in and they power right up. I send it back with a new power cable and all is good. Try a different cable and see if it fixes the issue.

Well I've tried a complete different cable and another Monitor but still getting an error message, this monitor has said; "Going to sleep." So their mustn't be a signal I presume being transmitted from the tower.

Only thing I can think of its a Memory problem. I had the system open yesterday and everything was fine. Their is no VGA Card in the System so that can't be the issue So I'm thinking memory. The system is powering up so I know its not a dead Power 3 Pin cable.

The onboard VGA could have gone bad also, I've seen that happen, if you have a slot try a GPU and see if that works, could even be just the driver for it too.

The onboard VGA could have gone bad also, I've seen that happen, if you have a slot try a GPU and see if that works, could even be just the driver for it too.

I'm thinking hardware too, even with a fault driver it would still detect the monitor but won't be able to set resolutions.

I've been threw Google and being an Opti PLex 755 their is error numbers on the front Chassis that it will give you if their is a fault. Turns out memory. Rite now their is no error messages appearing on the front panel of the tower. Error message code for the Opti Plex 755 on the front panel being 3 and 4 will indicate a memory problem. So Now I'm running mem test. Their was two GB in and the two 512 Modules in have went bad I think. I've taken them out and the system has booted.

I've been threw Google and being an Opti PLex 755 their is error numbers on the front Chassis that it will give you if their is a fault. Turns out memory. Rite now their is no error messages appearing on the front panel of the tower. Error message code for the Opti Plex 755 on the front panel being 3 and 4 will indicate a memory problem. So Now I'm running mem test. Their was two GB in and the two 512 Modules in have went bad I think. I've taken them out and the system has booted.

Glad to hear you figured it out, and letting us know how.

Back
Top Bottom