My New PC Build

roguearbiter10

Beta member
Hi, this is my first time building a pc and was wondering how good my current part list was and any modifications that would benefit me.

Intel Core i5-4690K, EVGA GeForce GTX 960, Corsair 200R - System Build - PCPartPicker

I have been debating on what video card I should get, but am not quite sure, my price range for that is around $200-$250.
I am in no hurry and in fact, am planning to possible snag a few deals during black friday. I don't need every game to be run at highest settings at 60 frames, but I want med-high settings on most.

Side notes:
I recently changed the psu from the Corsair CX600M to the current Seasonic listed.
As of right now, I am considering the R9 290, 380, and GTX 960 for possible videocards. I am a bit hesitant to get a 290 as I have heard how noisy they are and am worried they may become outdated.

Thanks!

The big downfall to the AMD GPU is they like to run hot so yea the fans can get noisy, but the build looks pretty good at a quick glance, I'm sure you'll get a few more replies with good recommendations, I'm at work posting with my phone so can't really do much for searching. Good choice on the PS, Corsair makes great power supplies but have different people make different lines and the CX are there lower end, I run a seasonic myself and it hasn't failed me yet.

Last edited:
I have a similar build, and it works quite well (4690k, z87, gtx 960).

Sent from my HTC One

Roomie has basically the same setup except the M1211 620w, a 970, and the ASRock Z97 Anniversary. Built it for him and works like a charm. Only deal is, all pricing on this will change in a month and things will slowly go out of stock as the holidays approach. I'd solidify things that probably won't go on sale.

Back
Top Bottom