what SSD drive to get for a PC?

Thanks again, guys!

Is it necessary in your opinion from time to time to format the hard rive and re-install the OS in order to get everything cleaned? or would something like a cleaning software do the same job?

Thanks again, guys!

Is it necessary in your opinion from time to time to format the hard rive and re-install the OS in order to get everything cleaned? or would something like a cleaning software do the same job?

Since I got my SSD I haven't formatted my pc in almost a year and it still performs great.
As long as your smart about how you keep your pc and don't install crap.
I do regular cleanups and updates maybe every month like ccleaner, windows updates.
Defrag your hdds (don't believe you can defrag ssds)

Since I got my SSD I haven't formatted my pc in almost a year and it still performs great.
As long as your smart about how you keep your pc and don't install crap.
I do regular cleanups and updates maybe every month like ccleaner, windows updates.
Defrag your hdds (don't believe you can defrag ssds)

Thanks!
I'm not sure if I need to reinstall Windows, but I have been using the same install for a few years now and I thought a clean reinstall might be in order, and that is what actually made me consider updating my PC with an SDD drive and another HDD storage drive.

This might sound a bit silly but : How do I know it's time to reinstall Windows?

Thanks!
I'm not sure if I need to reinstall Windows, but I have been using the same install for a few years now and I thought a clean reinstall might be in order, and that is what actually made me consider updating my PC with an SDD drive and another HDD storage drive.

This might sound a bit silly but : How do I know it's time to reinstall Windows?

If you're going to get the SSD, you should most definitely reinstall windows and I'm guessing you're going to put the OS on it.
Since I got my SSD, I haven't noticed a slow down, SSD are amazing, once you get one, you'll hate using a computer without it.
Doing a format every year isn't a bad idea.
I have all my media on another hdd so I would just have to reinstall all my programs and games.

If you're riddled with virus', blue screen a lot, need to install a new graphics card and drivers won't play nice, or generally have really bad performance when you know you shouldn't then format. If you upgrade to 10 it'll keep your SSD TRIM'd in the background for you and really that's all you need to worry about. Windows 7 has TRIM support but isn't as good and sometimes it's better to use the software that came with the SSD to get a proper TRIM in 7. For my "off the network" machines at work that I swap over to SSD I've just cloned them and they have been without a format for over a year.

Thanks!
I guess I should be good, then. I have not installed and uninstalled a hole lot of software on this PC, but on the other hand, this install of Win7 has been on the PC for at least 4-5 years now.

Would it be a good idea to use some cleaning software (like CCleaner eg) to clean it up?

Back
Top Bottom