New build - gaming PC

1etherer

Fully Optimized
Hey people,

I think its time for me to look into building a gaming PC.

What do you think of this?

Case - CiT Vanquish Gaming Toolless Case (Red or Blue LED)
Motherboard - Asus H81M-PLUS Motherboard
CPU - Intel Core 5
RAM - Kingston 8GB DDR3 1600Mhz
SSD - Samsung 120GB EVO 840 (my current)
GPU - GT730-SL-2GD3-BRK, want least noise as possible, but with performance
Wifi Card - Either N or AC? should it matter, I dont have a AC router...
PSU - CiT Active 85 500W (comes with case)
CPU Cooler - Standard Intel heatsink

Any Ideas? This will come to around £300 - £350..

Case - CiT Vanquish Gaming Toolless Case (Red or Blue LED)
Motherboard - Asus H81M-PLUS Motherboard
CPU - Intel Core 5
RAM - Kingston 8GB DDR3 1600Mhz
SSD - Samsung 120GB EVO 840 (my current)
GPU - GT730-SL-2GD3-BRK, want least noise as possible, but with performance <-- Not a gaming card, not even close.
Wifi Card - Either N or AC? should it matter, I dont have a AC router...
PSU - CiT Active 85 500W (comes with case) <-- Terrible PSU.
CPU Cooler - Standard Intel heatsink <--- Not quiet in the least lol
If you want a gaming PC you need a decent card and at least a Corsair CX500 in the budget sense. Something like an eVGA GTX950 is near silent. When I built a rig with a 960 the card literally never ramped up because it never got hotter than 71c.

If you want a gaming PC you need a decent card and at least a Corsair CX500 in the budget sense. Something like an eVGA GTX950 is near silent. When I built a rig with a 960 the card literally never ramped up because it never got hotter than 71c.

My 970 is a lot the same. I never actually hear the thing. I should probably OC it.

My 970 is a lot the same. I never actually hear the thing. I should probably OC it.
See I can hear my roomies 970 ramp up a bit, and when I did my midrange bench vid I could hear it sometimes too. It's nothing compared to the stock Intel cooler on his 4690k though. His Christmas present will be an H55 lol.

Im on a budget (when I buy) so cant splash out to much! so want to get back into games like mech warrior, which I see you play :cool:

I think he means a 730 won't run it worth a poop, The Cryengine is s bit graphic intensive

Hey, I've started with a build with a similar budget, you can get a decent radeon 270(x) 2gb for around £100, that psu looks ok with a 270 but preferably, you should get one with a bigger wattage for more headroom.

Back
Top Bottom