Computer Construction

Status
Not open for further replies.

m3trj

Fully Optimized
OK I've just ordered the stuff for my computer which I will be getting for christmas. I'm going to be building it myself. Since this is the first time I have built a computer, is there anything that I should remember, or can go wrong during construction? Also how do I go about formatting the drive and installing an operating system? My hard drive is OEM so no applications included.

Thanks in advance.

just insert your operating system CD and you should be able to install it right away, if not, then go into bios and make it so your CD drive boots first.

do not work on carpeting, and wear a anti-static wrist band.

ive destroyed mobos and cpus ignoring this...

stay awawy from magnetic screw drivers as well... dangerous tools for pc hardware..

do not work on carpeting, and wear a anti-static wrist band.
lol yeah I actually work on the carpet quite often :eek: :p but I usually put my shoes on and not just have socks for less static, plus I never lay computer parts on the carpet, I'm talking like it's in my case but I just lay it on it's side and work.

stay awawy from magnetic screw drivers as well... dangerous tools for pc hardware..
Not really...unless your PC is turned on which I hope it's not while you're working, then you really don't have anything to worry about. Those magnets are weak. They just barely hold the tip in.

This isn't to say you can just drag it across your board even though even then I still don't think it'll do anything unless you scrape the hell out of it

Anti-Static Wristbands aren't that necessary, you can just as easily gorund yourself by touching the metal part of the computer case, or if you are really worried, stick something metal in the GROUND recepticle of a wall outlet and then touch it. Both will have the same effect.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom