Anti surge triggered

Talked to my power supply manufacturer, and they weren't a big help. Then talked to Asus and they were a lot better. We went through my build and there wasn't much we could do because I don't have an extra power supply laying around. He told me my best bet would be to return my power supply, and if that doesn't work, to return my asus motherboard for a new one.
Thanks everyone for your help.

That's what I suggested you try ;). If you know somebody with a PSU you can try, I'd suggest asking if you can use theirs first to test.

Good to hear that's all it was.

What did you replace it with? Are you still getting the surge trigger warnings?

I replaced it with the exact same one. I figured the power supply was faulty. And to be safe I bought a monster surge protector on my outlet wall.
No issues with it as of now.

A "Monster" brand one? Yeah, you spent too much. They're nothing more than a gimmick for the most part. Would have been better off buying a decent UPS - at least then you'd have battery backup as well as surge protection - and depending on the model, a power filter.

Yeah you did pay way too much.

APC, Tripp-lite, and even Belkin have good surge suppressors for a 1/3 of what you gave for that Monster.

Yeah you did pay way too much.

APC, Tripp-lite, and even Belkin have good surge suppressors for a 1/3 of what you gave for that Monster.

I like my CyberPower that I have; seems to do it's job well. I need to test the battery in it though - I've had it long enough to where it's probably dying. The battery in my other UPS is dead and I need to replace as well.

Back
Top Bottom