Pc shuts Off

Just went through all 9 pages and I didn't see anywhere that said that the PSU had been changed. It seemed like there was a point early on that it was going to be then it seemed attention got placed somewhere else. Are we still working with the same power supply?

Just went through all 9 pages and I didn't see anywhere that said that the PSU had been changed. It seemed like there was a point early on that it was going to be then it seemed attention got placed somewhere else. Are we still working with the same power supply?
Yes i don't have a spare psu however I have noticed that while playing mc it doesn't shut off at all.

All arguments about power demands and everything else aside that the only remaining variable is the PSU.

If the power supply has some failing or weak rails then it can and will cause intermittent shut offs like this, especially when under heavy load. May even have some weak components that don't start acting up until after heated for a certain amount of time inside the PSU.

Last edited:
We were never informed on if the 24pin was properly plugged in or not. If this isn't plugged in properly and is arcing then it will shut off after a load is put on it. MC is not very hardware intensive so it would make sense why it isn't shutting off the PC. A new PSU might be in order anyways if it's run a while like this.

We were never informed on if the 24pin was properly plugged in or not. If this isn't plugged in properly and is arcing then it will shut off after a load is put on it. MC is not very hardware intensive so it would make sense why it isn't shutting off the PC. A new PSU might be in order anyways if it's run a while like this.

The 24 pin is NOT all the way in, but I can't get it any longer in, what so ever, however when plugging out both system fans it seems to shut off much slower, further testing along with a pic of the 24-pin will be posted tomorrow

If it's not plugging in all the way, either the connection on the motherboard or 24 pin cable is bad, or, you aren't pressing hard enough. Some of those 24 pin cables can be almost impossible to fully seat into the plug on the board with out putting support under the board and pressing down fairly hard.

First off; sorry for not replying for a while but some things happend Irl that doesn't have anything to do with my pc.

However I aquired some dry ice and used on my motherboard chipset and my psu, having it shut off just as fast - a waste of dry ice - and I can't get the 24 pin all the way in.

So if no one gets any groundbreaking ideas in a week or so, I think im gonna give up and buy a new psu and hope for the best

Back
Top Bottom