What do you look for when buying a PC or Laptop?

I think every manufacturer at some point has done something similar.

It's really just the thought that it could be dangerous... you know, leaving the system open for attack and all that.

Anyway, forgetting all this, what do you think of Windows 10? I keep hearing people talking about problems with it freezing. I also keep hearing other problems, like not being able to power down your computer, or something. But then there are others talking of how great it is and how it's basically Windows 8.1 but done right. I heard there was major issues with 8.1.

See, I've seen some laptops for sale on PC World's website. Some come with windows 10 (preinstalled), others just say they come with 'Windows':confused:. I don't know what the hell that means. Then there's also the thought of just getting something built from Overclockers or whoever.

I'm now trying to actually focus my mind on looking at products and comparing them. Been a long time coming, huh?:p My questioning is like a damn Police interrogation.

Everybody has subjective opinions on each OS. When they say come with Windows, could mean they install which version is available at the time or it's your choice during purchase.

Everybody has subjective opinions on each OS. When they say come with Windows, could mean they install which version is available at the time or it's your choice during purchase.

I'm not sure what to do yet...

Purchase a good laptop from PC World, or wherever
Get one built from Overclockers, or whoever

Any other pros/cons to the already established:

PROS
Build means more specific to your liking/needs
Purchase from store means repairs are handled if coverplan is taken out

CONS
Store means limited choices
Build means repairs/problems are up to the user
?

What is the best windows laptop(not upgrading anything) I could get for gaming under $689? How about under 600? I would prefer two USB slots(doesn't matter if 2.0 or 3.0 but 1 is OK if I can get something much faster),a headphone slot,at least 200 GB harddrive(more would be great if possible), and 8GB RAM(so obviously 64 bit architecture not 86x/32 bit). Would I be able to get anything with decent build quality? I don't think I could get a ssd with all these specifications so no need for that unless that would be better for gaming and would be worth sacrificing elsewhere.

First time buying one and will be great to be able to move on in my life from having a low-end computer.

The point is why when you don't have to. There isn't a reason to get a laptop why get worse or used hardware when you can get something better for the same money.

Just saying it's not outside the realm of possibility - and depends on the use case if a laptop or desktop would be better. Raw power yeah a desktop will always win - no debate against that you'll get more bang for your buck.

Back
Top Bottom