Not open for further replies.

Press_F1

In Runtime
got here an old system and 5 OS.

system:
P III-700MHz
512 RAM
40GB HDD

OS i want to install: (for expirementation)
LInux Redhat 9.0
Linuz Mandrake 9.1
Win 98
Win XP
Win 2003 server

i know the different file system their using but is this possible to muti boot my system with these 5 OS?

Thanks

:D

yah, thanks for that but gee, i saw a $ sign on that. :cool:

i give it a try with fdisk first..

To be honest i don't think it really matters which OS you install first as you'll get a choice of which OS to boot into when you boot up i presume

correct me if im wrong, in windows-based system, you have this certain pattern (that is, which OS to install first) to have this multi-boot so i presume that same thing follows.

enlighten me.

ive only saw on some threads explaining a Linux-Windows muti-boot but combining different version like the one that i posted is what i want to attain.

pardon me Yoran but that LILO is still hard for me to understand.

i know with the different file-system their using, how can i come up with a window that displays these OS during boot up?

Thanks.

There's a couple of options...

You need to install the windows stuff first. Windows usually wants to take the whole hard drive. So if you installed your windows stuff first and then went to the Linux stuff, linux has 2 built in bootloaders. LILO and GRUB they both do the same things pretty much but look different. So after you get to the part where you choose the boot loader you can choose a label for each partition. So /hda1 Windows
/hda2 windows
/hda3 windows
/hda4 linux
/hda5 linux..

You'll also probably need partition magic to repartition your drive...thats $$ though...

You'll also probably need partition magic to repartition your drive...thats $$ though...

can i use FDISK instead?

Thnaks guys for all the support.. ill give it a try.

excess...

well maybe install the OS you want as default last to make the last changes on your Boot.ini - just so if you are not there to select it will go to that OS

If I want WIN XP to be my default OS, can i use this sequence?

[ win98 - Win2000 - Mandrake - Redhat - Win XP ]

i don't know if fdisk is cabable of handling the NTFS filesystems??

If so, then sure :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom