intel atom

For what exactly?

They're a low-power CPU intended for smaller/low power devices that require little power usage (i.e. battery powered systems, tablets, etc.).

I have a intel atom N570 1.6Ghz dual core for my netbook, thats what they were designed for as netbooks couldnt fit a normal CPU...

It's not the fastest in processing but its acceptable.

But for a tablet, I dont see a problem in it... Iphone use a 1.3GHz?? chip - might be wrong...

The 3580 in my phone is pretty awesome, YMMV.
Different use case.

I have a intel atom N570 1.6Ghz dual core for my netbook, thats what they were designed for as netbooks couldnt fit a normal CPU...

It's not the fastest in processing but its acceptable.

But for a tablet, I dont see a problem in it... Iphone use a 1.3GHz?? chip - might be wrong...
THose were the old days. Tablets now fit i7s and the Core M is as fast with a passive setup like the Atom. For regular use I can see how Core M is even a bit slow on a tablet. Wouldn't want to deal with an Atom in one.

Different use case.

THose were the old days. Tablets now fit i7s and the Core M is as fast with a passive setup like the Atom. For regular use I can see how Core M is even a bit slow on a tablet. Wouldn't want to deal with an Atom in one.

Why the hell will you need a i7 in a tablet? Lol... No need :cool:

If there was no need they wouldn't exist. Next year my company will be deploying Z20t tablets with Core M in them, and even then they're slow. You seem to not realize how impatient people are.

Back
Top Bottom