New build won't boot first time.

kidmo87

In Runtime
I just finished building my computer. I turned it on for the first time. Only top fans worked, but rest didnt, but screen didn't display anything. Then remembered I forgot to put my ram in. Now computer turns on, but no fans work. Would anyone have suggestions?

Specs?

Do the fans spin up at all when you first press the power button? A lot of times the fans won't turn on until they're needed.

Weird thing just happened. Ram wasn't in right port, fighter that, and still didn't work. Then I plugged hdmi into graphics card. Waited a little longer and it is working. I think I should of just waited a little longer the first time I put the ram in. Unfortunately the front fan isn't spinning, I have phantecks enthoo pro. Another thing is I got the 3000mhz ram but in bios says it's only 2133?

Need only to make one thread and really should have went in the troubleshooting subforum.

Also, specs were asked. It helps greatly to know what your final build was to help with setting the bios up.

Where did you plug the front fan into? Are you using the fan hub in the back of the case?

Power supply: EVGA 220-G2-0850-XR 80 PLUS GOLD 850 W
Motherboard: Asus z170-a
Ram: Cosair vengeance LPX (2x8gb) 3000mhz
Graphics card: EVGA geforce gtx 980ti
Processor: i5 660k
Thermaltake water 3.0 extreme s water cooler.

As for phantecks PWM, the 4 pin motherboard cpu fan going into the opt fan because my thermaltake water cooler is going into cpu fan in motherboard. Front fan is in fan2 of the PWN, and rear fan is in fan4 of PWM. When the computer ran last night, all fans worked except front fan.

Probably wasn't seated correctly, or was an issue with the BIOS settings.

Sent from my HTC One

Back
Top Bottom