Headphone Jack Not Working Right

Bossgamer875735

Beta member
Hey everybody, I have a very important question. My tablet's headphone jack is having a problem, and no matter what headphones I use when I turn the volume all the way up, it only has the volume of turning it about 1/4 or 1/5 of the way up. When it happened I was playing my guitar to some music, and I have the volume up all the way so I could still hear the music over the guitar. But then I heard some static and the sound went out. My first thought was that YouTube messed up and the video froze, but I quickly realized that that wasn't the problem. So I thought it was the headphones, which I've had since Christmas and they were only $20. Then I tried with my Dad's headphones and I have the same problem. My tablet is in good condition, as I've only dropped it a couple times on carpet and I never dropped it into any water or anything. But then again, I don't think that would have anything to do with it because it just randomly cut out while playing a YouTube video.

(BTW, I'm using a 8GB Samsung Galaxy Tab 4 Nook)

I really hope it isn't the case, but it almost sounds like you pushed the internal DAC too hard :s

What did you have plugged into the headphone jack when the issue first happened (when you were playing your guitar)?

I really hope it isn't the case, but it almost sounds like you pushed the internal DAC too hard :s

What did you have plugged into the headphone jack when the issue first happened (when you were playing your guitar)?

I just had my ****ty 20$ headphones plugged in. And not to be too much of a noob, but what is the internal DAC?

Digital to Analogue Converter, it converts your songs to a signal that can be used with speakers or headphones.

I should have just said "some part of your audio circuit has blown" though - I'm unsure exactly what parts would be affected.

THIS guy had the same issue you're describing though - in his case it was brought about by using low-impedance headphones. Too low an impedance could allow a higher current to run, which could easily damage/overpower a mediocre audio circuit.

Digital to Analogue Converter, it converts your songs to a signal that can be used with speakers or headphones.

I should have just said "some part of your audio circuit has blown" though - I'm unsure exactly what parts would be affected.

THIS guy had the same issue you're describing though - in his case it was brought about by using low-impedance headphones. Too low an impedance could allow a higher current to run, which could easily damage/overpower a mediocre audio circuit.

Is there anything I can do to fix it? I can watch videos amd stuff with my tablet at full volume, as long as it's not too loud around me, but there is 0 chance I could play guitar with it.

Back
Top Bottom