Mounting computer under table – No case

Honestly on the wall you'll get way more dust and hair than under the desk. The biggest problem with being under the desk is you might hit it with your legs, kids might get to it (if you have kids), and animals will be curious if you have those too.

I do have a kid who stays away from the desk at the moment but will be very interested and will try to get in at it so that is the biggest issue with under desk.
If i can get the wife onboard I will go for the wall mounting. I will change my motherboard for something more visually pleasing and with the ability to SLI later if I get the go ahead.

Thanks, as always

If you make opening in the frame for ventilation, it would be just a simple matter of getting a fabric to stretch around the frame to act like a filter. Also you could have the plexi etched to have a picture like dolphins swimming in an ocean scene. When edge lit the etchings would light up.
The missus might go along with that concept. A lit up mural.

Check this and be sure to watch the video.
https://www.superbrightleds.com/mor...890-ex-alu-series-edge-lit-channel/1518/3564/

If you really want to mount the computer under the desk, I suggest putting some plexy glass over top of it to keep dust and stuff liek seti talked about along with reducing the rick of you bumping the system.

I have mounted a system under my desk but it was a big office U desk, and I put it in the corner where I would not hit it.

I would agree, a wall mount is way better, visually apealing, and you have easy axcess to ports you will use.

Or you could mount it in one of those old school tv stero councles.

Yea, my only issue with that case is my buddies answer from Thermaltake for multiple cards is "just use more ribbon cables". How about, you made the case make me a custom PCB to use my slots that way?

Back
Top Bottom