Q about HDD's, and other stuff

Just use RAID 1... but it will only use the capacity of the smallest HDD. but atleast if one fails you can still retrieve the data and create a new RAID again (with new HDD) :cool:

Personally I've had to save more people from losing info from a failing/failed raid on a home computer than I've had saved by having a raid on a home computer.

Yup, many a time :lol:

I guess I'd agree with you in the end, the most robust and practical solution would be to run something like SyncToy (free from Microsoft) and periodically backup to another 2TB internal drive. Avoids the hassle of raid management and potential failure, and you get an actual local backup of your data! With the exception of your house burning down you're golden :p

RAID isn't something you wanna do unless you need the redundancy, such as if you have massive amounts of data and no real backup strategy. To date, the only data lost in a RAID array was from when I had a software array go poof because I forgot it was done in windows and I erased the windows install... yay me?

But in all honesty, just grab a 250GB SSD and get it over with. You are going to have to reinstall the OS anyways if you try to raid the 64GB SSD with another SSD.

Back
Top Bottom