NEED HELP ready to take a sledgehammer to this thing!

this laptop is a ****ing peice of **** im going to throw it in the ****ing garbage obviously nothing will help

Feel better? That was quite a vent session.

Look, no matter the brand, they ALL have lemons that come out of the factory (if it ends up being a hardware issue). If it's a software issue, then it's clearly something that you have done to the machine (unless, like Lenovo, it was a preinstalled thing) like installing software or removing software or browsing sites you have no business being on.

If you'd like more help, let us know. I'm happy to help, but you've gotta calm down a bit. I understand your frustration, but nobody here is being paid to help you. Don't take it out on us.

Hi there...

A few questions if I may,

The beeping that you hear, is there any type of rhythm to the beeping? number of long or short beeps?

When you don't have it plugged in, can you go into regular Windows mode and it stay lit up or do you definitely have to stay in safe mode?

Have you by chance went into the Device manager expanded the Video section to make sure there is only one video card and driver, and that the one that is supposed to be yours isn't listing any problems?

Have you tried rolling your video driver back?

Sorry for all of the questions, these are just things that I would check if in a similar situation on top of the great suggestions by carnageX

Question
When you say you cleaned it out before and it worked and now you tried again and it didn't.
What do you mean by cleaned it out?

what is happening i have to absolutely be in safe mode for it to work, otherwise the screen eventually just blacks out. keyboard is sometimes screwy too like ill be typing something and itll move and start typing at the beginning of the sentence or in between it without me clicking anything idk it's hard to explain
the lx buttons on the left are not lightning up anymore
i try to install these chipsets on updates maybe thats the problem? but they never work when i try to install them! one says one or more process was unable to start setup will now shut down the other says error code 40 whatever that means
im at a loss here why does it only work in safe mode too? it must be a software problem
would re installing the laptop work?

it must be a software problem
would re installing the laptop work?

There's a *very* easy way to test this :D follow these instructions: https://help.ubuntu.com/community/LiveCD#How-To_LiveCD_Ubuntu

A "LiveCD" is basically an Operation System installed on a CD (or a USB flash drive if you'd prefer). It's a quick and easy way to confirm that it's a software issue with your windows installation, and not a hardware issue with your laptop.

Once you've created the Live CD, just stick it into your Alienware laptop and boot from it (usually you just keep pressing the F8 key when you power on the laptop until it shows you a "boot selection" screen - choose the CD Drive as the boot device when that happens and that's all you'll need to do!)

keyboard is sometimes screwy too like ill be typing something and itll move and start typing at the beginning of the sentence or in between it without me clicking anything

This could also be from the sensitivity of your track pad. If it's sensitive to touch, your wrists may hit it while you're typing and cause it to "click" where the arrow was at even if you didn't mean to do that. There is usually a setting to adjust the mouse sensitivity from the control panel. Let us know what you find out with the Live CD and then we'll move forward with more instructions if needed.

Back
Top Bottom