Computer Problems

Smausage

Beta member
About 2 or so years ago my laptop stopped working after I took out the battery (I don't remember why I took it out). I just found it again. Can you think of anything that would cause it to stop working (it won't turn on, no lights or anything). I'm guessing it's the battery, but I'll have to find the charger to test that theory out. What else could have caused that?

I've already tried to re seat the memory, hoping that would magically fix it, but it didn't.

The battery's dead. When you catch up with the brick let it charge over night. Odds are since the battery is that dead it won't come back. If it does it's going to be in pretty bad shape.

About 2 or so years ago my laptop stopped working after I took out the battery (I don't remember why I took it out). I just found it again. Can you think of anything that would cause it to stop working (it won't turn on, no lights or anything). I'm guessing it's the battery, but I'll have to find the charger to test that theory out. What else could have caused that?

I've already tried to re seat the memory, hoping that would magically fix it, but it didn't.

Yeah battery is probably toast. You don't want to keep Lithium batteries discharged for long periods of time - that kills them probably faster than heat does.

When you find the charger, just remove the battery completely and plug the charger in and make sure the laptop at least still turns on when connected via AC power.

If it works fine, then you could look into getting a replacement battery - probably going to be around $10-50, depending on the laptop.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom