Multimedia Design Assignment - Please Help!

eddnufc93

Beta member
Hi Guys, totally new here, hoping someone can help me out.

So, I am studying a Level 3 Diploma in IT since the start of September. One of the units required to pass the course is multimedia design. I have no interest in getting into the design side of things in my career and have never really looked into this until now, but this unit is essential for completion of the course.

Since the start of the course there have been three 90 minute sessions in multimedia design and I feel like I've learnt nothing from there teaching style of asking a simple question, then getting you to research it yourself and make a PowerPoint presentation. There has been no teaching involved at all, why bother coming to college? I can do this at home!

Anyway, in multimedia design today, they've thrown an assignment at us without teaching us anything to prepare for it. It gets worse, they want it done in 4 days! I've tried doing my own research, but finding the information is difficult as I am not getting good results in google for my searches. The information is relevant to the keywords I am searching for, but its not relevant to what I'm doing.

Here's the assignment instructions:

Task 1

You have been asked to produce a presentation with speaker's notes which explains how multimedia can be used to meet business objectives.

You should make use of multimedia elements such as sound, images and use animated transitions to explain the importance of following these objectives.

Explain how multimedia is used to meet business objectives
Produce a professionally laid out PowerPoint, with appropriate headings and sub headings and include references to websites which describe these:

Types of multimedia
• Sound
• Animation
• Still and moving images

Business requirements
• Purpose and platform

Business objectives
• Promotion and advertising e.g. web pages, digital posters, and virtual tours.
• Education and training e.g. simulations and e-learning packages.
• Entertainment and leisure e.g. computer games and virtual reality.

Target audience
• Profiles e.g. age, gender, culture, race, class, business, interests, and IT literacy.

So...what exactly is your question?

We're not here to do your homework for you. If you have a specific question or set of questions we can assist you with those, but we're not going to give you answers (we'll lead you to answers, so you can actually learn) nor do your assignment for you.

I'm not asking anyone to do it for me.
I'm not asking for the answers.
I just need pointing in the right direction, I cannot find any relevant research resources.

Again...what's your question specifically? I didn't really see any question, just that you've tried researching stuff and didn't find anything.

Back
Top Bottom