TV as monitor not working after update to Win 10

Rob1704

Beta member
Just upgraded to Windows 10 and am now having issues with my monitor I never had before. I am using a Dynex 32" TV as my monitor connected with an HDMI cable. Should plug and play but the display it detects is Zoran HDMI TV 1360x768. This pushes the desktop out past the edge of the screen on all sides. I checked the TV's manual and it says the resolution is 1366x768 with a refresh rate of 60 hz.

I went into control panel/display/screen resolution/advanced settings, clicked on "List all modes". I looked and available settings are 1360x768, 60 hz (the current setting that runs off the edges) and 1366x768, 30 hz which if I select crunches the desktop down to about 60% of the TV screen and causes the picture to shake.

Any ideas? Graphics card is Intel G45/G43 Express Chipset and the driver is up to date. Thanks in advance.

Did you install the graphics drivers from INtel's website, and not check through Device Manager?

Perhaps this is the problem?

"At this point the latest validated Operating System your graphics controller can support is Windows 7"

If that is the case what do I do? From what I understand the Intel G45/G43 is part of the motherboard. Do I need to buy a separate graphics card?

Perhaps this is the problem?

"At this point the latest validated Operating System your graphics controller can support is Windows 7"

If that is the case what do I do? From what I understand the Intel G45/G43 is part of the motherboard. Do I need to buy a separate graphics card?

Yes. And the reason that there isn't a newer driver is because Intel dropped support for their older chipsets after Win7, so there aren't any Win8 drivers and thus won't be any Win10 drivers either.

Jeeze! What mother board or laptop is that? Might be able to locate the mother board driver disc If I knew what it was.

Jeeze! What mother board or laptop is that? Might be able to locate the mother board driver disc If I knew what it was.

Still wouldn't really help - it's a driver issue with there not being any available drivers officially from Intel for WIn8/WIn10. There's workarounds, but requires some work.

Back
Top Bottom