Intel build, COMPLETE!

You can ziptie a fan or two to the bars left from removing the cages but I wouldn't advise it.

You can mount any 120mm fan to the rad. It's loud because it's not being controlled. If you use one of the crap red fans it might get a little warm.

You can ziptie a fan or two to the bars left from removing the cages but I wouldn't advise it.

You can mount any 120mm fan to the rad. It's loud because it's not being controlled. If you use one of the crap red fans it might get a little warm.

I figured as much.

Anyway, i've done what you said. Mounted the rad up top pulling air out of the case.( pulling air through the rad instead of blowing it out). also put a red 120mm next too the rad on exhaust also. put the 140mm back to exhaust, and have the huge one at front blowing air in. removed both my HDD trays, as i found a HDD mount thingy, so i could put it where my DVD/CD rom is.

What fans do you suggest i get? and one to replace for the rad also. Or i may just upgrade to the H100i me thinks.

Kind of given me lower temps now... was getting about 26-30 at idle. now it's 22. lol not sure for the GPU though.

Attachments

• temps1.png
    temps1.png
    24.1 KB · Views: 6
Last edited:
Yea, and you wanted a full tower. Glad you didn't get one? Sure it looks tiny, but why spend more money on something you don't need?

THe way you explained it is the fan on the rad is pulling air from outside and pushing into the case. What I would do is put the 140 stock fan in the rear again as exhaust and put the rad on top as exhaust pulling air through the rad. Also make the other top fan exhaust. You'll create a decent negative air pressure that should deal with heat until you can upgrade to some better fans. Actually, instead of a lame board upgrade that won't do anything you can get better fans. That makes more sense.

Nature abhors a vacuum. So you let that bitch do all the work.

Draw the air through the radiator and on out the case. Same for any other fan on the case. Except for the intake in the front. If you have all the back fans sucking air out, the intake can and should be totally passive. Air will rush in to try and balance the pressure.

It's more efficient in, lower cost of not having to buy extra fans, quieter, and less power consumption. Drawbacks are, more dust gets sucked in, having to plug up any and all other vent openings, and having to clean the intake filter every time you turn around.

Case cooling is not an art, it's thermal dynamics married to aerodynamics. How far you want to go with it depends on how much you want to spend.

Problem is due to the layout this case performs better under a positive or neutral pressure. The bad thing is the stock front 200mm fan sucks so in order to get a nice flow you need to go negative until you upgrade the fans to something that actually push some air. It's the only complaint I have about this case. The way the case is designed lets minimal dust through cracks when under negative pressure.

Problem is due to the layout this case performs better under a positive or neutral pressure. The bad thing is the stock front 200mm fan sucks so in order to get a nice flow you need to go negative until you upgrade the fans to something that actually push some air. It's the only complaint I have about this case. The way the case is designed lets minimal dust through cracks when under negative pressure.

Ahh i see, what fans would you suggest i upgrade too? :)

Alright, thank you :)

Ok, so my friend may have broke his CPU/mobo... not sure how... either bent the pins on his AMD chip, or shortened the mobo out as he was cleaning it.

He is looking for a cheap intel mobo/cpu which is better then a amd fx 8320, must have 4 ram slots on the mobo as well.

Back
Top Bottom