Athlon XP prices went up

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sevoma

Daemon Poster
Okay these cpus have been going up in the past few weeks. A processer I bought a month or two ago (xp 2600+) went up $35! I am building a pc for my self soon, using a athlon xp-m 2400+ (35watt) and it is now $100. Is there any chance that these will go back down? I think its because amd brought in thos damn semprons. By the way, are the semprons unlocked (overclockable)?

Thanks, Sevoma

yea they are like celerons they completely suck butt. But they only went up in prices cause the holidays. After christmas sales are gonna rock fer the computer world. I saw a 120gig Maxtor ATA133 for $60! Holy crap thast cheap. i remember when an 80gig maxtor cost $98. WOW.

Also I think there is a great demand for these mobile cpu's because of there overclocking potential. Notice how alot of the XP's prices didn't go up?

Semprons are the new durons which were equivelant to celerons.

But it's part what lazerman said, high demand for them, and also for the fact that christmas is coming up. Now doubt prices will lower once christmas passes

but do you want to wait that long to save 10 bucks? i bought my 2400+ xp-m for 83 after shipping but i apparently got it at a VERY cheap time, nubius payed in the 90's i think... and its 100 now, so perhaps just bite, the extra month or more of use before price drop is worth 10 bucks.

nubius payed in the 90's i think...
mine was $87

i got my 3200+ at standard price in the middle of the summer. worx for me and it was worth it really!
If you don't know how to overclock, or simply don't care to overclock then it's a good chip. Otherwise it's WAY better to go with an XP-M which is half the price, but has the same L2 Cache and can be rather easily clocked past the 3200+ stock speed of 2.2GHz

Oh im going to overclock. The machine I have has a 1400+ mobile at 1.2ghz, but not on a ocing board. Yeah I thought the semprons were crap looking at the benchmarks and stuff. I do not have the money now so I will get it later. Thanks for the help.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom