Intel build, COMPLETE!

Hey, i have noticed the inside of my case getting pretty hot... How should i configure the fans PP? I have 2 at the top blowing air in, and i think the one by the HD's is blowing air in also, as is my water cooling one, as it's the only way i can mount it.

I also just heard a weird buzzing noise coming from my PC, (wasn't the GPU)< i think it was the PSU. but not sure....

Last edited:
Wait, so you have all fans blowing in??

If you have the AIO fan blowing in then you need to turn that around so it's pulling air through the rad and pushing the hot air out. Your issue is you have no air flow due to improper fan setup. I also read the OP again and saw you want to upgrade the board. That's not necessary as it can OC an i5 easy, but it doesn't need to be OC'd at all. You'd just be making more heat for nothing.

Last edited:
The board inside that case looks so tiny, haha. :lol:

The only way i can set the fan on the rad is to pull, which will pull air out of the case.. as i did want it push/pull. but pulling air won't keep it as cool, would it? Thats why i set it to push air through the rad instead of pulling it.

I am going to config the fans in a min. so it's a lot better.

Is it possible to mount a fan where the HDD cages are?

Last edited:
Yea, and you wanted a full tower. Glad you didn't get one? Sure it looks tiny, but why spend more money on something you don't need?

THe way you explained it is the fan on the rad is pulling air from outside and pushing into the case. What I would do is put the 140 stock fan in the rear again as exhaust and put the rad on top as exhaust pulling air through the rad. Also make the other top fan exhaust. You'll create a decent negative air pressure that should deal with heat until you can upgrade to some better fans. Actually, instead of a lame board upgrade that won't do anything you can get better fans. That makes more sense.

Yea, and you wanted a full tower. Glad you didn't get one? Sure it looks tiny, but why spend more money on something you don't need?

THe way you explained it is the fan on the rad is pulling air from outside and pushing into the case. What I would do is put the 140 stock fan in the rear again as exhaust and put the rad on top as exhaust pulling air through the rad. Also make the other top fan exhaust. You'll create a decent negative air pressure that should deal with heat until you can upgrade to some better fans. Actually, instead of a lame board upgrade that won't do anything you can get better fans. That makes more sense.

So, mount the rad/fan at the top, pulling air through the rad and out the case, same as for the 140mm side one. What about adding 2 more fans too the top? and also can i mount one on the HDD drives, so it blows air onto my GPU?

The stock 140 that was there should go back in the rear. Just switch it and your rad+fan in the configuration it's in. Make the rear exhaust.

No can't mount a fan to the cages as far as I'm aware. I removed mine for flow.

The stock 140 that was there should go back in the rear. Just switch it and your rad+fan in the configuration it's in. Make the rear exhaust.

No can't mount a fan to the cages as far as I'm aware. I removed mine for flow.

I though i saw somewhere that said you could if you had removed the HDD cages.... must of been dreaming i suppose... Alright, i'll do that now. The rad fan seems to be awfully loud as well. Do you think one of the red ones would work on it?

I have these red fans i bought... here is a link too them.

Xilence Red Wing (120mm) Case Fan (black/red) - Ebuyer

What's the total cost of the build?

It had cost me around £800 maybe, that's without monitor, keyboard, mouse and speakers + i had ram, and a HDD.

Back
Top Bottom