Intel build, COMPLETE!

TheHumanComputer

Daemon Poster
So, thank's to, PP Mguire. The intel build is now complete. and up and running!

Although i changed the GPU, as it was cheaper (and on offer at the time) (No coil whine though, so don't worry!)

Here are the parts i used in this build.

Intel Core i5 4690K @ 3.5GHz Cooled by The Thermaltake Water 3.0 Performer
ASRock Z97 Anniversary Socket 1150 (I would like to upgrade/get a bigger mobo.)
8GB DDR3 1600Mhz RAM.
Gigabyte GTX 970 OC WINDFORCE 3X 4GB
EVGA Supernova 750W Fully Modular Power Supply.
Phanteks Enthoo Pro Black Full Tower Case with Side Window (Thanks to PP)
22" Wide screen LG monitor
CM STORM Gaming keyboard, witch blue back lighting
Razer Naga 17 buttom MMO gaming mouse.
5.1 Surround sound Xenta Speakers.
50/50 SMD L.E.D lights with remote.

And that concludes the build. :) Was very fun building this.

The motherboard is rather small in this case. Wasn't aware of how big the case was untill it come, haha. But thats OK!. I will hopefully get a better motherboard, and a bigger one to cover the rest of the back opening for the CPU.

If you have any recommendations about upgrading my motherboard (for OCing as well) please feel free to post some links.

If you watch the 20 second video.. you may see the L.E.D strip falling off, Lol oops. Its stuck back on now though :p

Attachments

• pc5.jpg
    pc5.jpg
    62.3 KB · Views: 6
  • PC4.jpg
    PC4.jpg
    62.5 KB · Views: 10
  • PC3.jpg
    PC3.jpg
    66.6 KB · Views: 11
  • PC1.jpg
    PC1.jpg
    67.7 KB · Views: 8
  • PC setup.jpg
    PC setup.jpg
    44.4 KB · Views: 7
NICE!!! You could get a 6 or 8 foot banquet table from a office supply store from under a 100. Give you more room to spread out.

attachment.php

NICE!!! You could get a 6 or 8 foot banquet table from a office supply store from under a 100. Give you more room to spread out.

attachment.php

Nice! and yeah, i've been trying to look for a corner table, not having much luck though, ebay have some black glass ones for about £90. But i'd like a corner table where i can sit in the middle of it, in the corner.

Get an oak or ash 3/8's wooden dowel rod. Raise the card up till it's sitting level and measure the distance between the bottom of the cooler in the front corner and the bottom of the case.
Cut the dowel rod to the total length. Paint it black. Take a thin black rubber foot, you can get them anywhere, and put it on both ends. You will need to measure the thickness of both feet and cut that off the dowel rod before making it permanent.

Lift the card up and slide the dowel rod in place. Now you have a black rod holding up the sagging corner and the rubber foot doesn't bother the fins on the cooler. Or pass on any vibrations from the cooler to the case.

Cost should be 10 minute of your time and run under 5 bucks.

Well it's up to you of course. But I wouldn't run the risk of damaging the PCI-e slot or the card from it bowing. You could use a plastic rod instead of wood. Hobby shops have a good assortment of different shapes. I'd stick one that looks like an I beam in there.

Get creative!!!

Back
Top Bottom