Building Gaming PC

kidmo87

In Runtime
Hello everyone. First let me start by saying, i know a little about computers, but not a lot. I have a couple of questions before building my gaming PC. I am new to gaming on a PC, and really want my computer to run 60 fps, and also 4k.
- So my first question is about the graphics card. I have been contemplating if i should get the titan x superclocked, however I have been reading around and people have been saying that if im not going to be doing 4k surround monitors, a gtx 980 will do. If i go with the gtx 980, what is the best one out?
- My second question is about the processor. I was already thinking about the i5 4690k, but what about the new skylake processors, any suggestions?
- Any suggestions on the motherboard that would be good with these?
Thank you.

You need 2 Titan X or 980ti cards to do 4k at 60fps. In surround? Wait for next gen buddy.

If you're building a new machine might as well get an i5 6600k if budget permits. There are some good cheap boards and DDR4 around now.

oh no no, Im not even thinking about 4k surround. I just want it on one screen. I was just reading that titan x is kinda overkill on a single monitor.
So I would need two 980ti's to run 3840 x 2160?
There are like 4 or 5 different kinds. Would you know which one is the best? Thanks

Last edited:
Sorry, misread the not 4k surround.

With 2 and 3 Titan X I still have issues running 4k full blown to 60fps. I had 980 SLI before this and can tell you they could only handle 1440p and some games gave them issues even at that res. I'd say two 980ti would do you well as for the majority of games I play I don't need the 3rd Titan X in my machine making heat.

Titan X is not overkill, but performance to price isn't there. The 980ti is a much better bargain and 2 will do 4k well.

Just get the cheapest eVGA 980ti you can find. They're all pretty much the same and you want the eVGA warranty and CS.

Back
Top Bottom