New Build PC No VGA Connection

spike47

Baseband Member
Hi

I have just fitted a ASUS P5K MoBo , but I have only now realised when I went to plug in the VGA for the monitor that there is no VGA socket on this board , I have a pci E video card but it needs a driver for it to work , but I can not get to a bios screen to set anything ie boot sequence to load windows because I can not get a signal from my video card , I must be missing something here I have never seen a MoBo without a VGA connector on it .

cheers

spike

The pcie graphics card should have the basic native drivers on windows 7/8/10 so you can boot up the pc and install the drivers from the manufacture. What graphics card did you install?

The pcie graphics card should have the basic native drivers on windows 7/8/10 so you can boot up the pc and install the drivers from the manufacture. What graphics card did you install?

An old Radion X600 Pro PCi E , it works in my other PC , I am just using that to test the system , I will purchase a better card when all is ok .

spike

That board is a moldy oldy blast from the past. It's LGA775 and uses DDR2 ram. Supports Core2 series and P4's. It has onboard sound but since the CPU chips didn't have internal video support you have to have a card that works.

Hi

Thanks for your feedback , I think I may of found the problem , ( apart from it been a old board ) I think I have the wrong memory , looking at the spec for the board it says , " This motherboard does not support memory modules made up of 128mb chips " .
not sure really what that means , the mem I have installed is 2 x 2gb Kingston KVR 667D2N5/2G , I have just looked at some to purchase which is , "

DESCRIPTION
Kingston : KVR800D2N6/2G
2GB 2Rx8 256M x 64-Bit DDR2-800
CL6 240-Pin DIMM
This document describes ValueRAM's 256M x 64-bit
(2GB) DDR2-800 CL6 SDRAM (Synchronous DRAM)
2Rx8 memory module, based on sixteen 128M x 8-bit
FBGA components " .

now it mentions 256Mx64 , then it says 128Mx8-bit so I am not sure if this will do .

cheers

spike

It just looks like your mobo doesnt support those ram cards. btw, does your mobo have a dvi slot? If it does, u can always get a dvi to vga adapter.

It just looks like your mobo doesnt support those ram cards. btw, does your mobo have a dvi slot? If it does, u can always get a dvi to vga adapter.

Thanks for your reply , I am still not sure of the ram configuration as per below .
" Kingston ValueRAM's 256M x 64-bit (2GB) DDR2-800 CL6 SDRAM (Synchronous DRAM) 2Rx8 memory module, based on sixteen 128M x 8-bit " , what does the 256Mx 64-bit mean and then 128x8-bit .!!.

cheers

Anne

Look at the individual chips on the RAM stick itself - all the black IC's should have a part number (or even have the size directly on them). If it just has a part number, google the part number and it should give the specs/size.

You could also just count the number of black IC's on the chip and divide the total size of the stick by the # of IC's.

Hi

Yes that is what I thought , and it comes out has 128, but the thing is the vast majority of mem sticks are multi 128Mb chips , and dont know why Asus have to be different .

cheers and thanks for your reply .

New Build PC No VGA Connection - Computer Forums

The RAM OP is using, is in fact on the motherboards tested known good memory.

I am willing to bet OP doesn't have the two sticks in the correct slots for operation, or his GPU is in the wrong express slot.

Is the case mini-speaker hooked upto the header for beep codes? The system will throw beep codes it it's running into issues, and this would certainly help.

Also, as a side note, are new posts being cross-posted on the two forums now or something? This thread is almost a mirror like image.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom