Has anyone got any News on SETI@Home.

I've literally just posted that and checked again and now its up and running. I've got WU's hear that have been trying for over 20 hours. :mad:

Original Seti was, in favour of boinc.

But they reused the moniker since they're still searching.

Dude cool, I might hop ship from F@H then.

Is Seti still largely CPU dominant?

SETI is yeah but a lot of people on the Boards are running GPUs now and running the likes of AP (Astro Pulse) on them. Your RAC is based on how much work you can get done in such a sort amount of time as possible. Then thus the credit. For Hardcore SETI this isn't even mostly a topic of interest but gauges how well your System preforms.

VLARS are CPU Dominant and most people who join have low end too mid range Systems. Running Titan X, I wouldn't mind seeing the the RAC would be on those tbh. If you look on the main page, their are lists available of top model CPU s and GPUs available for whats being used along with the overall System.

Mind you PP be aware the DC SETI can be very problematic and is down once every week for maintenance. They are on a shoe string budget and when their is any problems it can be very problematic for days on end. Very stress full for someone who isn't knowledgeable about it. The servers went down with regards to this thread because their was a fire in the DATA Center. A message was posted to every one after a 22 hour outage and a lot of the time their isn't a great deal of work available when the servers are running in to problems.

Yea I'm using work machines so it's not that big of a deal to me. I've done seti before, just was under the impression they were shut down some time ago.

Back
Top Bottom