Unlocking BIOS in a HP pavilion g6

TheDrunk

In Runtime
I am wondering fi you can still change out the BIOS in laptops.

I have my HP G6 Pavilion and its BIOS is limited in what options it offers, seems like HP allows Basic choices. I am wanting to know how to be able to either Unlock the BIOS or how to flash the BIOS with a version that will allow my laptop to run.

What are you trying to do, exactly? Flashing your BIOS is a bad idea for a lot of reasons. I don't recommend it unless there is a critical fix for something that doesn't work properly.

Yeah I totally agree. Flashing unless something is wrong you're looking to fix, is bad. If you muck up on older models, you'll wind up with an expensive paper weight.

As long as you get a modded BIOS that's meant for your system it's fine.

Notebook Review forum, Bios-Mods.com, and TechInferno are all places to look for modded BIOS's.

Just remember: flash at your own risk :).

I am trying to have control over my hardware, I.E. processor settings, video graphic settings, and ram settings. I know that I can also tweek certian performance through my bios.

Mostly I would like additional settings.
I know I should have access to more then just VM on and off, and boot priority. so I am wondering what else I can play with to tweek my performance with.

MDL also has a forum to mod your bios too, but it your turn it into a paper weight, it's on you

Ah yeah, they were the other one I couldn't think of. I think MDL and TechInferno both also have BIOS mod request boards.

Back
Top Bottom